Cresselia is back in Pokémon Go raids until June 18 at 4 p.m. ET, bringing its Shiny version with it.
Cresselia isn’t too great of an attacker and is really more of a dex filler so you may want to save your Premium Raid Passes. However, for those who treasure the lunar Pokémon, you’ll want to get your dark-, ghost-, and bug-type Pokés together. Here’s some specifically good counters:
- Origin Forme Giratina with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Shadow Ball (Legacy)
- Tyrannitar with Bite and Crunch
- Gengar with Shadow Claw (Legacy) or Lick and Shadow Ball
- Weavile with Feint Attack and Foul Play
- Scizor with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
Keep in mind, if Cresselia brings out Moonblast, your Gengar might be in trouble. Other dark-types like Houndoom and Honchkrow work pretty well, too.
After nabbing your Cresselia, the best moveset for it is Confusion and Future Sight if you’re trying to optimize. However, Cresselia is outclassed as psychic-type attacker by Mewtwo, Azelf, and even Alakazam and Espeon. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with using Pokémon you like over the ones that hit harder.
For more info on raids, you can check out our guide here.