The first event leading up to Pokémon Go Fest is now live, and runs from July 3 until July 8.
The event has added several Pokémon wearing party hats to the spawn list, as well as a Pikachu being hoisted up by balloons. While this Pikachu is dubbed “Flying Pikachu,” it’s not actually a flying-type Pokémon this time around.
The event also includes the release of Ducklett and Swanna, two Pokémon from the Unova region, as well as the Shiny forms for Pidove’s evolution line.
There’s also a set of Field Research tasks you can complete throughout the event.
Pokémon Go Fest 2020 Weekly Skill Challenge Field Research and rewards
|Catch 2 Pokémon with weather boost||Natu or Murkrow encounter|
|Catch 4 flying-type Pokémon||500 Stardust|
|Catch 6 flying-type Pokémon||800 Stardust|
|Catch 8 flying-type Pokémon||1,200 Stardust|
|Hatch an egg||Swablu encounter|
|Send a gift to a friend||Hoppip encounter|
|Use 4 berries to help catch Pokémon||Pidgey, Skarmory, Taillow, or Pidove encounter|
The most important part of this event is the Timed Special Research tasks. The more players complete these, the more Pokémon will be available during Go Fest.
Go Fest Skill Challenge step 1
- Catch 20 Pokémon (100 Stardust)
- Make 5 nice throws (10 Poké Balls)
- Use 5 berries to help catch Pokémon (5 Pinap Berries)
Rewards: 100 XP, 1 Golden Razz Berry, 10 Great Balls
Go Fest Skill Challenge step 2
- Catch 30 Pokémon (300 Stardust)
- Make 10 great throws (10 Great Balls)
- Transfer 20 Pokémon (20 Poké Balls)
Rewards: 300 XP, Ducklett encounter, 1 Silver Pinap Berry
Go Fest Skill Challenge step 3
- Catch 50 Pokémon (1,000 Stardust)
- Make an excellent throw (10 Ultra Balls)
- Catch 15 different species of Pokémon (20 Great Balls)
Rewards: 1 Rare Candy, Flying Pikachu encounter, 1 Star Piece
Go Fest Skill Elite Challenge
- Catch 100 Pokémon (5 Poké Balls)
- Catch 25 different species of Pokémon (5 Great Balls)
- Make 50 excellent throws (5 Ultra Balls)
Rewards: 500 XP, 500 Stardust, 5 Razz Berries