Pokémon Go is hosting a Sustainability Week event to celebrate Earth Day from April 20-25.
During the event, Pokémon like Psyduck, Sunkern, Drilbur, and Ferroseed will have increased spawn rates. Binacle and its evolved form, Barbacle, will also be appearing for the first time. Trubbish and Garbodor are both also making their Shiny debuts in Pokémon Go.
As usual with Pokémon Go events, there’s a special set of Field Research Tasks you can grab from PokéStops during the event period.
Pokémon Go Sustainability Week Field Research and rewards
|Catch 5 Grimer||Spheal or Ducklett encounter|
|Catch 5 Trubbish||Cottonee encounter|
|Use 3 Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon||Binacle encounter|
|Use 5 berries to help catch Pokémon||Chespin encounter|
|Use an Incense||Sewaddle encounter|
There’s also a set of Timed Research that rewards Venusaur Mega Energy.
Sustainability Week Timed Research and rewards
Step 1 of 3
- Use 5 berries to help catch Pokémon (Oddish encounter)
- Catch 7 water-type Pokémon (Goldeen encounter)
- Catch 7 Pokémon with weather boost (Bellsprout encounter)
Reward: Turtwig encounter, 20 Venusaur Mega Energy, 1,000 XP
Step 2 of 3
- Use 5 berries to help catch Pokémon (Tangela encounter)
- Catch 5 different species of grass-type Pokémon (Ferroseed encounter)
- Send 5 gifts to friends (Phanpy encounter)
Reward: Grotle encounter, 20 Venusaur Mega Energy, 1,500 XP
Step 3 of 3
- Use 7 berries to help catch Pokémon (Sunny Cherrim encounter)
- Catch 40 grass-type Pokémon (Alolan Diglett encounter)
- Use an Incense (Binacle encounter)
Reward: Venusaur encounter, 60 Venusaur Mega Energy, 2,500 XP