Pokémon Go is hosting a special Luminous Legends X event to show off some new Pokémon, like the Legendary Xerneas. The event takes place from May 4-17, giving plenty of time to grab as many of these new releases as possible.
In this Pokémon Go guide, we’ll list out all the different types of research tasks you can get and list the other perks that the Luminous Legends X event has to offer.
Other than Xerneas, Spritzee, Swirlix, Goomy, and their evolutions are making their Pokémon Go debut. These Pokémon will have increased spawn rates, alongside Dratini, Snubbull, Ralts, Bagon, and Cottonee.
Dragonite and Salamence will also learn their Community Day moves when evolved during the event. When evolved from a Dragonair, Dragonite learns Draco Meteor. When evolved from a Shelgon, Salamence learns Outrage. Both of these moves are extremely powerful, so you should consider evolving these.
Xerneas will be featured in five-star raids throughout the event, after which it’ll be replaced by Yveltal.
There’s also a ton of event-based Field Research to complete that reward lots of new and rare Pokémon. You’ll need to spin PokéStops during the event to get these.
Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event Field Research and rewards
|Catch 10 dragon-type Pokémon||Gible encounter|
|Catch 10 fairy-type Pokémon||Spritzee or Swirlix encounter|
|Catch 15 fairy-type Pokémon||Galarian Ponyta encounter|
|Catch 5 fairy-type Pokémon||Marill, Cottonee, or Snubbull encounter|
|Use 7 berries to help catch Pokémon||Spritzee or Swirlix encounter|
|Win 2 raids||Gible encounter|
Luminous Legends X Timed Research and rewards
There’s also Timed Research, which rewards Rocket Radars and a free Rainy Lure Module, which is necessary to evolve Sliggoo into Goodra.
Step 1 of 7
- Send 5 gifts to friends (Jigglypuff encounter)
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket grunts (Bagon encounter)
- Catch 7 fairy-type Pokémon (Clefairy encounter)
Reward: 750 XP, 15 Great Balls
Step 2 of 7
- Earn 7 hearts with your buddy (5 Razz Berries)
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon (Dratini encounter)
- Catch 15 fairy-type Pokémon (Marill encounter)
Reward: 2,000 XP, 1 Rocket Radar
Step 3 of 7
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo (5 Hyper Potions)
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff (3 Max Revives)
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra (3 Max Potions)
Reward: 25,000 XP, 1 Super Rocket Radar
Step 4 of 7
- Find the Team Go Rocket Boss (2,000 XP)
- Battle the Team Go Rocket Boss (2,000 XP)
- Defeat the Team Go Rocket Boss (2,000 XP)
Reward: 3,000 XP, 15 Great Balls
Step 5 of 7
- Evolve 3 fairy-type Pokémon (1 Sinnoh Stone)
- Use an Incense (Mawile encounter)
- Catch 20 fairy-type Pokémon (Spritzee encounter)
Reward: 4,000 XP, 10 Pinap Berries
Step 6 of 7
- Make 10 great throws (Swirlix encounter)
- Use 15 berries to help catch Pokémon (Cottonee encounter)
- Catch 7 different species of fairy-type Pokémon (Azumarill encounter)
Reward: 6,000 XP, 15 Ultra Balls
Step 7 of 7
- Complete 5 Field Research Tasks (25 Poké Balls)
- Win a raid (Gible encounter)
- Catch 50 fairy-type Pokémon (Clefable encounter)
Reward: 5,000 Stardust, 1 Rainy Lure Module