All day on April 1, 2022, Ditto will be appearing in Pokémon Go disguised as other Pokémon. The event is a great opportunity to grab a Ditto if you don’t have one already, and it mainly features a Special Research Task set. Our Pokémon Go April Fools’ Day 2022 event guide lists out the Special Research about the Transform Pokémon.
Throughout the day, Ditto will be spawning in abundance, appearing as various Pokémon. You may catch a different Pokémon, only for the game to say, “Oh?” and have it transform into the pink blob. There’s also a single Field Research task you may get from spinning Poké Stops: Catch 3 of the Transform Pokémon.
To be clear, the Transform Pokémon is Ditto.
The meat of the event is the Special Research, which will remain unlocked after you start it on April 1.
April Fools’ 2-Oh-22 Special Research Tasks and rewards
April Fools’ 2-Oh-22 step 1 of 3
- Catch 10 Pokémon (25 Poké Balls)
- Catch 5 normal-type Pokémon (5 Potions)
- Make 5 nice throws (5 Nanab Berries)
Reward: 1,000 Stardust, 15 Ditto Candy, 5 Razz Berries
April Fools’ 2-Oh-22 step 2 of 3
- Catch 10 Pokémon (15 Great Balls)
- Catch 3 of the Transform Pokémon (5 Super Potion)
- Transfer 10 Pokémon (5 Pinap Berries)
Reward: 1,500 XP, 15 Ditto Candy, 1 Silver Pinap Berry
April Fools’ 2-Oh-22 step 3 of 3
- Claim reward (10 Ultra Balls)
- Claim reward (5 Hyper Potions)
- Claim reward (3,500 XP)
Reward: 3,000 Stardust, 15 Ditto Candy, Ditto encounter