The Pokémon Go World Championships event focuses on PvP Pokémon, as expected from an event based around a real-life PvP tournament. You’ll find lots of PvP-centric Pokémon spawning in the wild, as well as Pikachu in a special tournament outfit. The event runs from Aug. 18-23.
Our Pokémon Go World Championships 2022 event guide lists out the Timed Research, Field Research tasks, spawns, and other bonuses from the event.
During the event period, you’ll be able to get tripled Stardust from Go Battle League rewards, and you’ll be able to play 10 Go Battle League sets per day instead of five. There will also be several trainers posted up at PokéStops that battle you, similar to Team Rocket members.
Notably, a handful of Pokémon also learn special moves when evolved during the event: Rhyperior learns Rock Wrecker, Gengar learns Shadow Punch, Gyarados learns Aqua Tail, Metagross learns Meteor Mash, and Talonflame learns Incinerate.
Pokémon World Championships 2022 Timed Research Tasks and rewards
This single step of Timed Research requires you to beat out the trainer NPCs that appear a PokéStops. They work the same way as fighting Team Rocket members.
- Battle a challenger (10 Poké Balls)
- Battle 2 challengers (1 Fast TM)
- Battle 3 challengers (10 Great Balls)
- Battle 4 challengers (1 Charged TM)
- Battle 5 challengers (10 Ultra Balls)
Reward: Pikachu (World Championships 2022 outfit) encounter, 1 Elite Fast TM, 1 Elite Charged TM
Pokémon World Championships Team Building: Great League Timed Research tasks and rewards
This Timed Research needs to be unlocked via special code you get from the Pokémon Go event Twitch chat. The code is good for one hour after sharing, and after that a new code will be shared in chat. The code can be redeemed on Niantic Labs’ website.
Once you get the code, you’ll get a PvP-centric task set focusing on building a team for Great League. We list out the steps below.
Team Building: Great League step 1 of 3
- Catch 1 Pokémon (500 Stardust)
- Catch 2 Pokémon (500 Stardust)
- Catch 3 Pokémon (500 Stardust)
Rewards: 3 Star Pieces
After this step, you will need to select one of three Pokémon: Galarian Stunfisk, Drapion, or Jellicent. This will determine which set of rewards you’ll get in step 2. We list out all the options below.
Team Building: Great League step 2 of 3 (Galarian Stunfisk)
- Use a Charged TM (Ariados encounter)
- Power up Pokémon 10 times (Pelipper encounter)
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket grunts (Galarian Stunfisk encounter)
Rewards: 10 Spinarak Candy, 10 Wingull Candy, 10 Stunfisk Candy
Team Building: Great League step 2 of 3 (Drapion)
- Use a Charged TM (Skarmory encounter)
- Power up Pokémon 10 times (Swampert encounter)
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket grunts (Drapion encounter)
Rewards: 10 Skarmory Candy, 10 Mudkip Candy, 10 Skorupi Candy
Team Building: Great League step 2 of 3 (Jellicent)
- Use a Charged TM (Talonflame encounter)
- Power up Pokémon 10 times (Venusaur encounter)
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket grunts (Jellicent encounter)
Rewards: 10 Fletchling Candy, 10 Bulbasaur Candy, 10 Frillish Candy
Team Building: Great League step 3 of 3
- Battle another trainer in the Great League (500 Stardust)
- Win a trainer battle in the Great League (1,000 Stardust)
- Win 5 trainer battles in the Great League (5,000 Stardust)
Reward: 1 Premium Battle Pass
Pokémon Go World Championships 2022 event Field Research and rewards
|Battle in the Go Battle League||Galarian Zigzagoon or Galarian Stunfisk encounter|
|Power up Pokémon 3 times||Bulbasaur, Chikorita, or Mudkip encounter|
|Power up Pokémon 7 times||Gastly, Rhyhorn, Magikarp, Beldum, or Fletchling encounter|
Increased Pokémon World Championships event spawns
- Galarian Stunfisk
Pokémon World Championships event raid targets
- Pikachu (World Championships 2022 outfit)
- Galarian Farfetch’d