Pokémon Go is getting more Pokémon from Generation 7, specifically those from the Alola region. To celebrate this, new Special Research Tasks about Akala Island have been added to the game. Our Pokémon Go “An Akala Adventure” guide details the steps for the Special Research as well as the rewards.
Once you unlock “An Akala Adventure” by logging in on or after March 22 and tapping the usual Field Research button in the bottom right corner, you have as much time as you want to complete it. To get this Special Research, you must start it by June 1.
While this Special Research set will reward you with what will (most likely) be your first Fomantis, it’s not a huge deal to miss out on these rewards.
We list the steps for “An Akala Adventure” below.
An Akala Adventure step 1 of 4
- Catch 10 Pokémon (10 Poké Balls)
- Complete 3 Field Research Tasks (Pikachu encounter)
- Catch 7 different species of Pokémon (5 Pinap Berries)
Reward: Fomantis encounter, 500 XP, 500 Stardust
An Akala Adventure step 2 of 4
- Use 4 berries to help Pokémon (Parasect encounter)
- Catch 2 water-type Pokémon (Alomomola encounter)
- Take 3 snapshots of wild fire-type Pokémon (Alolan Marowak encounter)
Reward: 1 Charged TM, 500 XP, 500 Stardust
An Akala Adventure step 3 of 4
- Power up Pokémon 5 times (7 Razz Berries)
- Walk 2 KM (10 Poké Balls)
- Take 3 snapshots of wild Pokémon (10 Pinap Berries)
Reward: 1 Premium Battle Pass, 1,000 XP, 1,000 Stardust
An Akala Adventure step 4 of 4
- Send 5 gifts to friends (10 Great Balls)
- Catch 15 Pokémon (7 Pinap Berries)
- Win a raid (Alolan Diglett encounter)
Reward: 15 Ultra Balls, 8,000 XP, 1,000 Stardust