Dunsparce is getting its time in the limelight in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet with a new evolution, Dudunsparce.
To evolve Dunsparce into Dudunsparce, you’ll need to it to learn Hyper Drill, which it gains naturally from leveling. Dunsparce retains its usual normal-typing when it evolves.
Where to find Dunsparce
Dunsparce can be found just about anywhere around Paldea. We found ours in South Province (Area Three).
How to evolve Dunsparce into Dudunsparce
To evolve Dunsparce into Dudunsparce, it needs to learn Hyper Drill, which it gets naturally at level 32. If you’re learning this move naturally by leveling up, it will evolve immediately.
If you have an over-leveled Dunsparce and it doesn’t know Hyper Drill, you can reteach it the move. After reteaching it the move, it will need to level up again (either through battling normally or using Rare or EXP Candy) before it evolves.
According to datamines, Dudunsparce can have one or two additional segments. We don’t know what affects how many segments it gets when it evolves, but we’ll update this guide once we figure it out.
Just starting out
- 10 things to know before starting Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Scarlet and Violet
- Which Scarlet and Violet starter is the best?
- Type strength and weakness chart
- Tera Types, explained
- Badge order and progression guide
- Everything you should know about Koraidon and Miraidon
- Why you should take Academy classes
- How to change your Pokémon’s names
- How Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s multiplayer works (and doesn’t)
- How to get mystery gifts in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- How to easily shiny hunt
- The definitive guide to Tera Raids
- Can you Nuzlocke Scarlet and Violet?
- How to transfer your save data
- Victory Road (gyms, Elite Four, and Champion) 11
- Starfall Street & Path of Legends 7
Filling out your Pokédex
- Complete regional Paldea Pokédex
- Pokémon Violet and Scarlet version exclusives list
- Link trade codes for starter and version exclusive Pokémon
- How to find shiny Pokémon
- Where to find Eevee
- Where to find Zorua
- Where to find Ditto
- How to get Paradox Pokémon
- Chi-Yu shrine and stake (blue) locations
- Ting-Lu shrine and stake (yellow/green) locations
- Chien-Pao shrine and stake (orange/gold) locations
- Wo-Chien shrine and stake (purple) locations
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet special evolutions guide
- How to evolve Tandemaus into Maushold
- How to evolve Pawmo into Pawmot
- How to evolve Charcadet into Amarouge/Ceruledge
- How to evolve Girafarig into Farigiraf
- How to evolve Greavard into Houndstone
- How to evolve Rellor into Rabsca
- How to evolve Bisharp into Kingambit
- How to evolve Bramblin into Brambleghast
- How to evolve Finizen into Palafin
- How to evolve Primeape into Annihilape
- How to evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo
Training powerful Pokémon
- Full TM list, locations, and crafting recipes
- Where to find hold items (Destiny Knot, Leftovers, etc.)
- Eggs and breeding
- How to change a Pokémon’s Tera Type
- How to make the best sandwiches
- How to farm EXP and EXP Candy
- How to farm money
- Full sandwich and ingredient list
- How to relearn old moves
- How to raise IVs (Individual Values)
- How to train EVs (Effort Values)
- How to change natures
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon