The Indigo Disk, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s second DLC, reintroduces Tyrogue, a baby Pokémon with lots of potential. Tyrogue can actually evolve into one of three different fighting-type Pokémon, depending on its stats.
Below we detail where to find a Tyrogue and how to evolve it into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Where to find Tyrogue in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
You can find Tyrogue in the Terarium in the mountainous area below:
There are so many Tyrogue here, so you shouldn’t have any problem finding them. In fact, there are too many Tyrogue here.
How to evolve Tyrogue in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
Tyrogue evolves at level 20 based on its attack and defense stats.
- If its attack is higher than its defense, it’ll evolve into Hitmonlee.
- If it’s defense is higher than its attack, it’ll evolve into Hitmonchan.
- If it’s attack and defense are equal, it’ll evolve into Hitmontop.
That said, if you’re just trying to fill out your Pokédex, you can just keep catching Tyrogue until you find ones that suit your stat needs. You can check its stats in its summary page.
To make a Tyrogue evolve into a Hitmontop, we caught a random Tyrogue and used stat-increasing vitamins (like protein, which boosts attack, or iron, which boosts defense) to increase its stats slowly until they were the same value, as seen above. You can buy vitamins for BP at the BB Academy school store or from Chansey Supplies in Paldea.
Just starting out
- 10 things to know before starting Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Scarlet and Violet
- Which Scarlet and Violet starter is the best?
- Type strength and weakness chart
- Tera Types, explained
- Badge order and progression guide
- Everything you should know about Koraidon and Miraidon
- Why you should take Academy classes
- How to change your Pokémon’s names
- How Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s multiplayer works (and doesn’t)
- How to get mystery gifts in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- How to easily shiny hunt
- The definitive guide to Tera Raids
- Can you Nuzlocke Scarlet and Violet?
- How to transfer your save data
- Victory Road (gyms, Elite Four, and Champion) 11
- Starfall Street & Path of Legends 7
Filling out your Pokédex
- Complete regional Paldea Pokédex
- Pokémon Violet and Scarlet exclusives list
- Link trade codes for starter and version exclusive Pokémon
- How to find shiny Pokémon
- Where to find Eevee
- Where to find Zorua
- Where to find Ditto
- How to get Paradox Pokémon
- Chi-Yu shrine and stake (blue) locations
- Ting-Lu shrine and stake (yellow/green) locations
- Chien-Pao shrine and stake (orange/gold) locations
- Wo-Chien shrine and stake (purple) locations
- How to transfer Pokémon between Scarlet and Violet and Home
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet special evolutions guide
- How to evolve Tandemaus into Maushold
- How to evolve Pawmo into Pawmot
- How to evolve Charcadet into Amarouge/Ceruledge
- How to evolve Girafarig into Farigiraf
- How to evolve Greavard into Houndstone
- How to evolve Dunsparce into Dudunsparce
- How to evolve Rellor into Rabsca
- How to evolve Bisharp into Kingambit
- How to evolve Bramblin into Brambleghast
- How to evolve Finizen into Palafin
- How to evolve Primeape into Annihilape
- How to evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo
Training powerful Pokémon
- Full TM list, locations, and crafting recipes
- Where to find hold items (Destiny Knot, Leftovers, etc.)
- Eggs and breeding
- How to change a Pokémon’s Tera Type
- How to make the best sandwiches
- How to farm EXP and EXP Candy
- How to farm money
- Full sandwich and ingredient list
- How to relearn old moves
- How to raise IVs (Individual Values)
- How to train EVs (Effort Values)
- How to change natures
The Teal Mask DLC Guides
- Complete Kitakami Pokédex
- How to catch Ogerpon, and what its masks mean
- How to get the ‘Loyal Three’ Pokémon: Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti
- How to get Bloodmoon Ursaluna
- What is a ‘lovey-dovey’ Pokémon?
- Ogre Clan member locations
- How to evolve Feebas into Milotic
- How to evolve Poltchageist into Sinistcha
- How to evolve Applin into Dipplin
- How to evolve Basculin into Basculegion
- How to evolve Gurdurr into Conkeldurr
- How to evolve Gligar into Gliscor
- How to evolve Poliwhirl
- How to evolve Lampent into Chandelure
- How to evolve Piloswine into Mamoswine
- How to evolve Phantump into Trevenant
- The Indigo Disk DLC Guides 9
The next level of puzzles.
Take a break from your day by playing a puzzle or two! We’ve got SpellTower, Typeshift, crosswords, and more.
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon