Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s The Indigo Disk DLC brings back Hisuian Qwilfish, a Pokémon only previously seen in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. The pointy blowfish Pokémon can be found in Blueberry Academy, and it’ll only evolve once it learns the move Barb Barrage.
This is not to be confused with regular Johtoan Qwilfish, which is more dark blue-green and does not evolve at all.
Below, we detail where to find Hisuian Qwilfish and how to evolve it into Overqwil in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Where to find Hisuian Qwilfish in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
You can find Hisuian Qwilfish in the Polar Biome waters around Blueberry Academy:
They’re pretty much a plague in the waters, so it shouldn’t take long for you to run into one.
How to evolve Hisuian Qwilfish in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
To evolve Hisuian Qwilfish into Overqwil, it needs to learn the move Barb Barrage, which it’ll learn naturally by leveling up to 28. Once it knows Barb Barrage, level it up again and it’ll evolve.
If you caught a high-leveled Qwilfish, you can re-teach it by going to its moves from its summary screen and pressing A. Just level it again after it relearns Barb Barrage.
Just starting out
- 10 things to know before starting Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Scarlet and Violet
- Which Scarlet and Violet starter is the best?
- Type strength and weakness chart
- Tera Types, explained
- Badge order and progression guide
- Everything you should know about Koraidon and Miraidon
- Why you should take Academy classes
- How to change your Pokémon’s names
- How Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s multiplayer works (and doesn’t)
- How to get mystery gifts in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- How to easily shiny hunt
- The definitive guide to Tera Raids
- Can you Nuzlocke Scarlet and Violet?
- How to transfer your save data
- Victory Road (gyms, Elite Four, and Champion) 11
- Starfall Street & Path of Legends 7
Filling out your Pokédex
- Complete regional Paldea Pokédex
- Pokémon Violet and Scarlet exclusives list
- Link trade codes for starter and version exclusive Pokémon
- How to find shiny Pokémon
- Where to find Eevee
- Where to find Zorua
- Where to find Ditto
- How to get Paradox Pokémon
- Chi-Yu shrine and stake (blue) locations
- Ting-Lu shrine and stake (yellow/green) locations
- Chien-Pao shrine and stake (orange/gold) locations
- Wo-Chien shrine and stake (purple) locations
- How to transfer Pokémon between Scarlet and Violet and Home
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet special evolutions guide
- How to evolve Tandemaus into Maushold
- How to evolve Pawmo into Pawmot
- How to evolve Charcadet into Amarouge/Ceruledge
- How to evolve Girafarig into Farigiraf
- How to evolve Greavard into Houndstone
- How to evolve Dunsparce into Dudunsparce
- How to evolve Rellor into Rabsca
- How to evolve Bisharp into Kingambit
- How to evolve Bramblin into Brambleghast
- How to evolve Finizen into Palafin
- How to evolve Primeape into Annihilape
- How to evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo
Training powerful Pokémon
- Full TM list, locations, and crafting recipes
- Where to find hold items (Destiny Knot, Leftovers, etc.)
- Eggs and breeding
- How to change a Pokémon’s Tera Type
- How to make the best sandwiches
- How to farm EXP and EXP Candy
- How to farm money
- Full sandwich and ingredient list
- How to relearn old moves
- How to raise IVs (Individual Values)
- How to train EVs (Effort Values)
- How to change natures
The Teal Mask DLC Guides
- Complete Kitakami Pokédex
- How to catch Ogerpon, and what its masks mean
- How to get the ‘Loyal Three’ Pokémon: Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti
- How to get Bloodmoon Ursaluna
- What is a ‘lovey-dovey’ Pokémon?
- Ogre Clan member locations
- How to evolve Feebas into Milotic
- How to evolve Poltchageist into Sinistcha
- How to evolve Applin into Dipplin
- How to evolve Basculin into Basculegion
- How to evolve Gurdurr into Conkeldurr
- How to evolve Gligar into Gliscor
- How to evolve Poliwhirl
- How to evolve Lampent into Chandelure
- How to evolve Piloswine into Mamoswine
- How to evolve Phantump into Trevenant
- The Indigo Disk DLC Guides 9
The next level of puzzles.
Take a break from your day by playing a puzzle or two! We’ve got SpellTower, Typeshift, crosswords, and more.
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon