Including the Legendary Giaguaro Panther, there are 16 Legendary Animals scattered across the world in Red Dead Redemption 2. This guide show you the location of the Legendary Giaguaro Panther and how to kill it (because it isn’t easy).
Legendary Giaguaro Panther
This panther won’t appear until you have achieved the ninth rank of the Master Hunter Challenge, and it’s easily the most difficult hunt on the list.
It’s located southeast of Rhodes, directly east of Braithwaite Manor and south of Bolger Blade.
The maps above will show you where to go. When you get there, but before you start looking for clues, we strongly suggest making a manual save. The Legendary Giaguaro Panther will sneak up on you and likely kill you. When you return, you’ll receive a message that says:
You have entered Legendary Animal Territory, but it will be some time before the animal returns to the area.
You can either wait it out in-game (and it could take days), or you can make a camp, sleep as long as you can, save manually, exit Red Dead Redemption 2 and reload. That worked for us.
We still had to hunt the Legendary Giaguaro Panther half a dozen times before we killed it. Here’s how you can do it without making our mistakes:
- Follow the clues. Unlike the other Legendary Animals, the third and final clue won’t point you directly at the Legendary Giaguaro Panther. Instead, you’ll need to follow a path toward a tree.
- Take a Dead Eye stimulant, like chewing tobacco.
- Follow the path leading away from the third clue, holding your gun up with L2/LT. (We used a shotgun, which killed it with two trigger pulls.)
- As soon as you hear the panther (you’ll almost certainly hear it before you see it), hit Square/X and press left or right on the left analog stick. This makes you dive. This allows you to avoid its pounce.
- Click the analog stick to invoke Dead Eye.
- While you’re in Dead Eye, look for a small red circle radar on your radar. That’s the panther.
- Turn toward the small red dot.
- Shoot the panther as it runs away. (Don’t worry about locking on. Just shoot it.)
And here’s what that looks like: