Collecting every one of Resident Evil Village’s items, unlocking every door or drawer, and finding every crystal fragment will keep Ethan alive. That’s why we recommend turning your map blue in our beginner’s guide. One area in Castle Dimitrescu, the Courtyard, gave us a lot of trouble, though.
In this RE8 walkthrough, we’ll tell you where to find every item in Castle Dimitrescu’s Courtyard area so it’ll finally turn blue and get marked as “Search Completed” on your map.
Resident Evil Village Castle Dimitrescu Courtyard items
You’ll reach Castle Dimitrescu’s Courtyard while trying to “Find Dimitrescu’s Chambers.” Once you collect the Sanguis Virginis key item — the fancy bottle of wine — from the Kitchen, take that up to the Wine Room on the second floor. Place it in the fancy wine holder, and you’ll get the Courtyard Key.
There are five items to collect in the Courtyard, and you can grab them all on your first visit:
- As soon as you enter, turn left and smash the vase for some handgun ammo.
- To the right of the entrance, smash another vase for some metal scrap.
- Check the bushes just to the southwest of the gazebo for a(n) herb.
- In the northeast corner, look for a vase with rusted scrap. This one is hard to spot because it’s not against the wall and this corner is dimly lit.
- Along the southern edge, look for a hanging birdcage. Shoot it down to collect some lei. This is the first of several birdcages you’ll find in Resident Evil Village, so learn to watch for them.