Completing Resident Evil Village’s “Escape the factory” objective will take you through floor B1 and the Cargo Bay, Waste Runoff, and Scrap Heap areas where you’ll fight Sturm and the mutated Heisenberg.
In this Resident Evil 8 walkthrough, we’ll help you collect every item — like ammo, lei, rusted scrap, herbs, crystal fragments, and more — and find every key item with our maps and screenshots.
Table of contents
Sturm boss fight
Take Duke’s elevator up to B1. Use Heisenberg’s Key to unlock the door immediately west. Walk straight into the storage room ahead of you.
Read the Sturm file (which notes that the airplane-faced guy overheats if he runs around too much). Continue around the room counterclockwise to grab a mine, some lei, handgun ammo, a first aid med, and more lei.
From that room, take the hallway east and enter the labyrinthine room. This is where you’ll fight the propellor-faced Sturm.
This fight is pretty straightforward — avoid the blades of death and shoot him in the weak spot — but the cramped space makes it complicated and frenetic. Here are our tips:
- When you cross through the dogleg hallway, Sturm will bust through the wall in front of you. Wait for him to start charging toward you, and side step to the left.
- He’ll get stuck at the wall for a second. Walk behind him and put as many bullets as you can into his weak spot (exhaust port?).
- Back up to the north wall, and just keep dodging around Sturm in the northeast corner.
- He tends to stalk in straight lines, so you’re mostly safe as long as you keep moving.
- He’ll also be knocking down walls the entire time — use that to your advantage as he opens up new escape routes.
- When you deal enough damage, his engine will start flaming. When you hear him power up, he’ll spit a gout of flames. Get behind a wall when this happens and wait him out.
- There are two metal boxes in the (roughly) northwest and southeast of this arena. He can’t knock them down, so you’ll be safe there. They’re a good place for mines as he chase you through the narrow passage. That said, keep your focus on shooting his weak point — we had more luck with just the pistol than with mines. (And even more luck with explosive rounds).
- As you damage him more — the flames in his engine will become more pronounced and constant — he’ll charge three times in a row before pausing. Just keep sidestepping his advances as best you can.
Scattered around the room (on pipes along the outer wall), you’ll find a mine, handgun ammo, and sniper rifle ammo.
When you defeat him, collect the Complex Mechanical Heart he drops.
Cargo Bay office
Exit the Sturm fight arena through the door in the northeast corner.
Take an immediate right an open the cabinet for some chem fluid. Check the northeast corner to find a cigar.
From the cigar, turn right (east) and duck under the table. Pass through the duct to find another room. Grab the shotgun ammo, metal scrap, chem fluid, and herb.
Shoot the Goat of Warding on the barrel in the corner.
Head back into the office and enter the Cargo Bay through the door in the southwest corner.
Cross the walkway to the left and drop down. Take a right when you land to find a crate with rusted scrap. Walk forward to the ladder and take a right. Smash the crate for some metal scrap.
Climb the ladder and walk out to the basket at the end of the crane (cherry picker?). Throw the switch.
Step onto the ledge and go through the doors. Turn left and try the doors to trigger a cutscene.
Waste Runoff and Scrapheap
When you land, take a left. Watch for a grate in the wall along your left. Duck through to the Scrapheap.
Turn left and move the debris. After a long cutscene, you’ll get control again. Before you climb onto the deathcart, sweep the room for items. Read the Chris’s Computer file on the laptop, and then cut to the north. There’s a crate with explosive rounds in the northwest corner, and a first aid med on a table to the east.
Save at the typewriter, and climb on board the wagon. Drive into the elevator.
Heisenberg boss fight
At the top of the elevator, blast open the doors. You’ll immediately start the Heisenberg boss fight.
This fight feels a lot bigger and more complex than it is.
- Blocking is very effective. Whenever Heisenberg charges you, block, and you won’t take much damage.
- You have two weapons: a cannon and a machine gun. Basically never stop firing the machine gun.
- Target his three glowing spots — his elbows and his … base? Keep hammering those three spots with your machine gun and cannon.
- When he starts drawing in metal to make a tornado/cocoon, you’ll be able to see one glowing spot. Fire at it relentlessly and you’ll stop him from throwing out those metal sheets.
- After enough damage, he’ll grow larger and draw you in. Fire everything directly into his face.
You’ll land on the ground, but won’t be in the deathwagon any more. Your new target is his head. Watch on the ground for any ammo you pass by and pick up as much as you need.
- Blocking is surprisingly effect in this phase too.
- Don’t bother looking for weak points — just shoot everything you have at his head.
- Create some distance whenever you can, but always focus on shooting him in the face first.
When he explodes, you’ll get the Crystal Heisenberg and a long cutscene.
Things are going to happen fast from here out, so we’ll pick back up in the next section.