In each of Splatoon 2’s five sectors, you’ll have to defeat a boss like the Octo Oven to move on to the next area. All but the last of these fights consist of three phases, with each getting just a little harder and faster than the last. For the most part, you only have a couple things to do: Get out of the way and wait for an opening.
Each of these boss fights is unique, though, so we’ve got videos and tips for all five. Watch the video and remember our tips and you won’t get splatted (as much).
How to beat Octo Oven
The Octo Oven is more intimidating than difficult. Your only job through all three phases is to get out of the way and wait for the chance to climb up on top.
- Shoot a stream of ink so you can run and swim out of the line of fire, er, bread. Just keep running in a big loop around the oven and wait until all of the loaves pop out.
- When all the oven doors open, shoot some ink onto the side of the loaf and climb on top. Shoot more ink onto another loaf and swim-jump over to it.
- Keep repeating that until you can ink all the way up to the top of the oven.
- When you’re standing on top, just unload into the tentacle until it pops.
- For the next two phases, you’re just repeating the above steps a little bit faster.