This Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order guide will help you solve the ice puzzle on the fifth planet you visit: Ilum.
When you reach Ilum late in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, you’ll head into the Jedi Temple there. The path through is blocked by two different walls of ice. This is how you melt both of them.
Explore the Jedi Temple
Just like in the Tomb of Miktrull on Zeffo, the first mini-puzzle in this area introduces you to the mechanism you’ll be using throughout. Once you’re inside, look for a rope on a pulley. Force pull the rope to you, and plug it into the socket on the right.
The path inside goes through the shutter you just opened. You’ll be doing this several more times.
Melt the small ice wall
To melt the large wall of ice that’s obviously blocking your path, you’ll first have to melt the small wall about halfway up the central chamber.
- Inside the temple, head to the right. You’ll come to another shutter, but don’t worry about it yet.
- Head into the center of the chamber, and follow the wall around to the left.
- There’s a large metal bracket in the center of the room. When you land on the same level as that bracket, Force push it over to the other side (the right side when you first entered).
- Use the rope hanging from the large crystal or the climbable ice walls to reach the platform on the other side of the chamber (where the bracket stopped).
- There is another shutter there. Pull the rope to open it, and then plug that into the top of the bracket.
- Force pull the rope hanging from the center crystal to you, and pull the crystal into the sunbeam.
- Wait for it to melt the smaller ice wall, and then let go of the rope.
Melt the large ice wall
- Force push the bracket to the other side (the left side when you entered).
- Use the central rope to swing across to the other side of the room.
- Plug the crystal’s rope into the large bracket, and shove the bracket back to the other side of the room.
- Head into the tunnel behind the smaller ice wall you melted a moment ago.
- Turn to the left, and use the rope to swing back up to the first shutter you encountered inside.
- Pull the rope to open the shutter. The light will hit the crystal. (If it doesn’t, adjust its position by swing the bracket back and forth — you want it on the right side of the room.)
- Drop down and continue through the door you just opened.