As you complete missions in Star Wars: Squadrons, you’ll have the opportunity to unlock different medals based on your performance. This medals, for the time being, seem to be simply for bragging rights or completionists.
At the end of each mission, you’ll be shown which medals you’ve unlocked and which are still left to be completed. You’ll also gain a different ranking depending on which difficulty you unlocked the medal in.
In this Star Wars: Squadron medals guide, we’ll show you what each mission’s medals, what requirements the game lists for each medals, and tips for any medal that isn’t self-explanatory or requires some specific tactic to earn.
Mission 1 medals
In mission 1, you’ll be paired up with the Vanguard Squadron for the first time. While searching for lost scouts, you’ll encounter some Imperial Jamming ships.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 1.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 1 in 16 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 1 without dying.
- Defense Breaker. Destroyed all TIE fighters before taking out the Jammers.
After Frisk identifies the Jammers, approach them but begin to slow down once the game informs you that you should slow down to avoid missiles. Stay in that general area and don’t approach the Jammer. Instead, let the TIE fighters come to you and don’t move onto the main objective until you’ve marked off the TIE fighter objective first.
- Loyal Recruit. Destroyed Imperial Jammers before the Cruiser to call New Republic reinforcements.
Follow Gunny’s advice and focus on the Jammers before attacking the Cruiser. To avoid missiles, make sure to use your countermeasures, the seeker warheads, to disrupt any missiles that might target you while you focus on the two Jammers.
Mission 2 medals
You and the Vanguard Squadron team up to capture a Star Destroyer. You’ll have to pay attention to both your mission briefing and your team mid-combat to gain rewards in this mission.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 2.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 2 in 13 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 2 without dying.
- Trusty Wingmate. Saved Frisk from a deadly tail.
This objective pops up while you’re already surrounded by enemies. To help Frisk, locate the enemy ships marked with blue icons. You’ll have to disengage from the area you’re currently in and fly over to Frisk to take care of the enemies targeting him.
- Intelligence Operative. Discovered the Victorum’s breach point on the first scan.
If you paid attention during the mission briefing, you’ll remember that they call out the back of the Victorum as the weak point. Instead of scanning all the other sections that appear, go directly to the back of the ship and scan that section first.
Mission 3 medals
Once you have the Star Destroyer, you have to defend it before it can travel somewhere safe. In this mission, you’ll need to adjust your load out to earn some medals.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 3.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 3 in 15 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 3 without dying.
- Not Even Close. The Victorum escaped with at least 30% hull integrity.
To check on The Victorum’s health, target it and its integrity will show up on your display. You can also target The Victorum and use your ping targeting system to request that your squad protect the ship.
- Raider Wrecker. Destroyed all Imperial Raiders during the Victorum’s escape.
In this mission, you have the choice to tweak the load out. For your main lasers, choose the close range lasers (the Gyrhil R/F Rapid Fire Cannon) that deal more damage. Keep in mind that they have a short range, which is ideal against the slow moving Imperial Raiders.
If you want to deal even more damage, at the cost of not being able to repair your ship, you can choose the ArMek Barrage Rockets as your left auxiliary kit. These rockets shoot straight and output heavy high damage. Simply fly above an Imperial Raider and rain down on them with your close range lasers while repeatedly shooting the rockets you have loaded in your left and right auxility slots.
Mission 4 Medals
Your ship on this mission doesn’t have much in the way of shields so be careful. You do have the option set a loadout with some strong missiles, which is recommended for taking out the big targets you’ll have in this part of the story.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 4.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 4 in 13 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 4 without dying.
- Collateral Damage. Destroyed New Republic GR-75s (transports) before any escape.
After you take out the shield generator on the outpost, Sol will call out that two transports are leaving the station. When choosing a loadout for your TIE Fighter, you can choose heavier hitting options like the Concussion Missile which you can launch without a lock on by double tapping the button assigned to that auxiliary slot and the standard rockets, which you fire directly ahead of you.
Since the two transports move slowly, you can first use your set your Emergency Power Converter to lasers, which is explained to you while you make your attack on the shield generator, then lay into the two transports with your main weapons and dual rockets.
- Thin the Herd. Destroyed all remaining fighters before the Gladius’ arrival.
All of the enemy ships will be swarming around a single area. If you’re having trouble taking them all out quickly, remember that you can lock on instantly to an enemy by tapping the Select Target Ahead button, then tap Ping Target to have your squadmates focus fire on that enemy. You can use this tactic to have your team fight one enemy while you focus another.
Mission 5 Medals
In this mission, you’ll be using a unique loadout that requires you to disable missiles and enemy ships. Despite the emphasis on playing a support role in this part of the story, two of medals require serious shooting to complete.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 5.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 5 in 14 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 5 without dying.
- Marksman. Prevented any missile from damaging the GR-75s.
This can be a bit challenging but one strategy that helps is making sure you use the Ping Targets command to let your squad shoot down missiles as well. If one zooms past you before you have a chance to shoot it down, you can use the Ping Targets command and hope your team cleans it up for you.
- Ionizer. Disabled all GR-75 transports.
When this objective pops up, you may be a bit far away, so be sure to divert power to your engines and boost over to the transports before they can get too far. Once you reach them, divert energy back to your weapons systems and keep shooting each transport until a blue energy symbol appears over the ship. Once that icon appears, that means you’ve disabled it and can move onto the next.
For this object, do not use the Ping Targeting system as that will cause your squad to shoot the ships which destroys them making you instantly fail this objective.
Mission 6 Medals
Getting the medals in this mission can be easily done by making use of the target cycling system.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 6.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 6 in 11 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 6 without dying.
- Reinforcements Denied. Destroyed the communication dishes.
When Keo calls out the dishes, you can stop your bombing run and focus on shooting the dishes. Since there will be a lot to take out, you can use your target cycling and ping system to have your squad help you shoot them down. You can also use your target cycling system to make sure you’ve shot them all down. Just fly close enough to the center of the structure and constantly tap the target cycling button to make sure you haven’t missed any.
To complete this medal, take out all the large, four dish arrays as well as several smaller dishes lining the center of the structure.
- Corvette Protector. Saved the Corvette.
The Corvette will be slowly flying around the perimeter of the structure you are bombing. If you don’t see it, look for the green lasers of the TIE Interceptors that go after it. Once you’ve found it, stay a safe distance from its rear and shoot down any enemies that approach it. You can either use your targeting system to choose to have allies defend the ship or shoot down enemies. You can also target the Corvette and use your targeting wheel to highlight enemies specifically attacking it if you’re having difficulty.
Mission 7 Medals
This is one of the first missions where you can freely choose from three ships to complete your objectives.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 7.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 7 in 13 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 7 without dying.
- Abyssal Protector. Shot down three missiles fired by the Overseer.
When switching targets, be sure that the missiles are identifiable on your cockpit’s display to make sure you’ve targeted them. Once locked on, take them down.
- Fully Escorted. Protected all GR-75s transports.
You have the choice of three different ships to use in this mission. Choose the A-Wing if you feel more comfortable zipping around and chasing TIE Fighters. If you’d like to take it slow, choose the Y-Wing with a windup turret as your main cannon. The X-Wing is a good option if you want to play it safe and don’t have a specific game plan.
Regardless, focus on the TIE Bombers that always target the convoys first, before you take on the faster TIE Interceptors.
Mission 8 Medals
For this mission, we recommend choosing the Standard Laser Cannon as your main weapon and Seeker Mines and Rockets as your auxiliary weapons.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 8.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 8 in 17 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 8 without dying.
- Toothless. Destroyed all of the Nebulon-B frigate’s turrets first.
When the frigate appears, Shen will be ordered to take down its shields with an ion bomb. Wait for him to complete this before attacking. Once disabled, you’ll be able to target its turrets, which are situated around the bottom and sides of the ship. They’re difficult o see, so use your target cycling to find them all. Also, if you tag one that’s on the opposite side of the ship, use the Ping Target command so your team can fire while you swing around the other side to finish it off.
- Depot Defender. All three Control Towers survived the attack.
When new enemies show up (as announced on your comms), they will also seek out the currently targeted tower. The three towers you must defend will always be highlighted, so make your way to whichever is in danger to keep it safe.
Mission 9 Medals
You may want to switch out your repair kit for rockets in this mission to maximize your damage output to destroy the larger targets in this mission.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 9.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 9 in 13 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 9 without dying.
- No Mercy. Destroyed the Medical Frigate.
The Medical Frigate is slow, but you’ll still face some resistance fighting it. Unload your cannons and missiles on it while also using the targeting ping to make your teammates focus on it as well.
- No Cargo. Destroyed All Cargo Ships.
When you reach the second section of this mission, you’ll be tasked with only destroying two of the large transport ships. Once you complete that objective, you’re informed that you can finish the rest or move onto the next objective. Dispose of the remaining ships to earn this medal.
Mission 10 Medals
This mission can be a bit hectic. To help with taking out a lot of the stationary targets in this mission, try making the Sienar Rotary Canon your main weapon and take Sienar MR-93 Multi-Lock Missile to deal with X-Wings and the Sienar Beam Cannon for your main and optional targets.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 10.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 10 in 13 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 10 without dying.
- Imperial March. Destroyed all of the Nadiri Dockyards’ hangars.
While you’re in the process of destroying shield generators, several X-Wings will come to stop you. An optional objective will pop up to destroy the hangers where your attackers are coming out from. These disc-shaped hangers are dotted across the base you’re attacking. To easily find them, cycle through your targets until the closest hanger shows up on your display. While you make your way over to it, you can ping the target so your nearest squadmate can attack it. If you chose our recommended load out, your fast shooting main weapon or the beam cannon will take these out quickly. Just shoot anywhere on the outside of the hangar to deal damage.
- No Survivors. Destroyed all GR-75 (transport) evacuees.
Destroying the slow GR-75 transports can be difficult in this section as you’ll also have some Corvetttes hovering around at the same time trying to take you out. To dispose of the optional targets quickly, you need to focus all your firepower on them fast, while you’re in the crosshairs of the larger enemy ships. So make sure to strengthen your weapons by not only maximizing weapon power, but also converting power to your weapons system. If you’re using our recommended loadout, know that you can first start up your beam cannon and while that’s firing, you can spin up your main weapon to further boost your damage output.
Mission 11 Medals
Getting the medals in this mission requires making sure you scan enough cores to set traps to take out large enemies quickly.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 11.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 11 in 17 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 11 without dying.
- Capital Destruction. Destroyed two capital ships in 15 seconds or less.
Most optional objectives like this don’t come with a strict time frame, but this one is easier than it seems. As long as you keep an eye on your target ships and the cores that you can detonate, you should have no problem. The best way to do this is to maximize your ship’s speed the moment you’re asked to scan cores.
Fly ahead as fast as you can and manually scan cores so you know which will blow up when you shoot them. You’ll know which is which as the ones you can detonate will have red lights coming out of them. Then, get into position and listen to your comms. Your team will let you know when is the right time to shoot a core. Just make sure you manually target them because if you’re using target cycling, you may target a ship instead.
- Core Knowledge. Scanned all active cores.
Just move slowly through the beginning of the mission, using your target cycling to make sure you scan all the cores without missing any. When you need to make your second and third passes at scanning cores, break away quickly by maximizing your ship’s speed to get to them fast so you can scan them before your targets get into position. The best way to scan cores quickly is through manually targeting as target cycling may pick up random enemies if you try to rely on it.
Mission 12 Medals
You’ll be playing defense in this mission, but getting the medals in this mission requires playing a very active role in shooting down enemies.
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 12.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 12 in 16 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 12 without dying.
- Comsat Savior. Did not allow any comsats to be destroyed.
You have a few moments to set up before the TIEs come in to shoot down all three comsats. Before they get there, fly between all three and place shields on them. As the TIEs approach, shoot one turret mine in their general direction while you move forward to engage. As you swing back around to defend the trio of devices, shoot another turret mine between all three.
The key to keeping the swarm of TIEs off your comsats is paying attention to each turret mine’s uptime on the left side of your screen. As one goes down, shoot another in the center of the three comsats to keep them covered. Also make use of squad commands to defend any comsats taking fire.
- Loud and Clear: Destroy the Jammer in less than a minute.
When you get the callout that the Jammer is one the way, maximize your spacecraft’s speed and fly toward it as fast as you can. When you’re in range, fire a turret mine at it while also issuing a squad command to fire upon it. The moment you are close enough to fire, keep shooting at it with the first turret you deployed. Fire a second one ahead of it to keep up the pressure.