In this Star Wars: Squadrons Mission 12: Rally The New Republic walkthrough, we’ll help you turn an old battlefield into a minefield.
Polygon’s Star Wars: Squadrons guides and walkthroughs help you navigate more than a dozen missions set in a galaxy far, far away. Beyond general strategies for Mission 12, we’ll help you with with your loadout and offer strategies for completing optional objectives.
We didn’t want our guides to become narrative novels, so we skipped useless advice like “follow the squad leader.” Instead, every Squadrons walkthrough begins with general tips for the mission, followed by specific strategies for difficult sections and objectives. We wrap up with advice about earning mission medals.
Mission 12: Rally The New Republic walkthrough
The Starhawk is in a dangerous spot and will need to run a repair operation to call for assistance.
Mission 12 tips
- You’ll be placed into a U-Wing, focusing on support.
- Everything you’re defending is stationary, so placement of your turret mines is key.
- Place shields on whatever you’re defending. If you don’t see an objective covered in a bubble, take a moment to target it and fire a shield at it.
This is one of the few missions where you get to use weapons with auto-aim functionality. Since you’ll be on the defensive during this mission, we’ll tell you how to make the most of them.
- You can choose a standard main weapon for this mission or one with auto-aim capabilities. If you want test out this new functionality, equip the Gryhil EM-8V Auto-Aim Cannon as your main weapon. Just keep in mind that its damage output suffers in exchange for its ease of use.
- Either way, turret mines will automatically be equipped in one of your auxiliary slots. These shoot at the closet enemy, and you can have two out at a time. They have a short lifespan, so you’ll have to replace them as they run out of energy.
- You’ll also have access to a shield which you can place onto friendly targets, which is critical in this mission.
Objective: Defend the broadcast hub
- When your team calls out that enemies are on the way, place a shield on the broadcast hub that Zerelda is working on. Just point your reticle at the station, fire a shield at it, and it will automatically attach.
- As the enemy approaches, fire your turret mine in their direction. After a few seconds of flight, the weapon will activate and begin shooting at enemies that come near it.
Objective: Defend comsats
- If you’ve run out of shields and turrets after the first objective, resupply before the next enemy wave shows up.
- You have to defend three satellites at once so this can get a little hectic. Watch the health of all three devices as well as the uptime of your turret mines. The moment a wave of TIEs comes in, shoot a turret mine in their direction. Then make sure to shoot shields at each satellite before engaging.
- If a comsat is being attacked, your squad will call it out and that station will flash. Shoot a turret mine in its direction while you fly over to give it a fresh shield.
Objective: Destroy the Imperial Jamming Ship
- As the Jamming Ship approaches, immediately target it and issue a command to have your team attack it. Then shoot a turret mine in its direction while you shoot at it with our own lasers.
Mission 12 Medals
- Mission Complete. Completed Mission 12.
- Efficiency Medal. Completed Mission 12 in 16 minutes or less.
- Enduring Service Medal. Completed Mission 12 without dying.
- Comsat Savior. Did not allow any comsats to be destroyed.
You have a few moments to set up before the TIEs come in to shoot down all three comsats. Before they get there, fly between all three and place shields on them. As the TIEs approach, shoot one turret mine in their general direction while you move forward to engage. As you swing back around to defend the trio of devices, shoot another turret mine between all three.
The key to keeping the swarm of TIEs off your comsats is paying attention to each turret mine’s uptime on the left side of your screen. As one goes down, shoot another in the center of the three comsats to keep them covered. Also make use of squad commands to defend any comsats taking fire.
- Loud and Clear: Destroy the Jammer in less than a minute.
When you get the callout that the Jammer is one the way, maximize your spacecraft’s speed and fly toward it as fast as you can. When you’re in range, fire a turret mine at it while also issuing a squad command to fire upon it. The moment you are close enough to fire, keep shooting at it with the first turret you deployed. Fire a second one ahead of it to keep up the pressure.