In Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, expanding your farm unlocks buildings like barns and stables. To upgrade your farm, you have a choice between paying money or providing materials to fix broken bridges and clear away debris blocking off the rest of your farm. Farm buildings like coops and barns also need to be fixed up before you can use them or purchase more.
In this Pioneers of Olive Town guide, we’ll show you how to expand your farm twice, including the materials you’ll need to repair bridges, barns, logs, behaves, silos and more.
Your starting area is fairly small. It has an entrance to a 10-floor mine, as well as a destroyed coop. Once you fix up the coop, you can tame the wild chicken running around your farmland, and then buy more chickens and coops.
- Coop rebuilding requirements: 20 logs, 20 stone, 30 grass
First farm expansion
Pioneers of Olive Town’s first farm expansion requires fixing a broken bridge that’s in the bottom left corner of your initial farm area. Once you do, you’ll have access to a destroyed barn, as well as a cow and other animals, depending on the season. There’s also a mushroom log, which allows you to place spores and harvest precious mushrooms.
This land also has different trees and bushes, giving access to solid logs, flexible grass, and a mine with silver ore.
- Bridge repair requirements: 15 lumber or 5,000 gold
- Barn repair requirements: 10 solid lumber, 10 iron ingot, 50 flexible grass
- Mushroom log repair requirements: 20 solid log, 30 clay, 40 flexible grass
Second farm expansion
The second farm expansion is to the top left of the first expanded area. A pile of debris blocks your way, and you’ll have to donate goods or pay gold to clear it. Past this debris is a destroyed stable, silo, and beehive, as well as a plethora of different animals to tame. Once you rebuild the stable, you’ll have access to a horse to tote you around Olive Town quickly.
This large area also unlocks more types of trees and grass, giving access to mirage grass, tough grass, and smooth grass, as well as mirage logs, supple logs and durable logs.
Notably, this section has an old hydroculture plant to repair, but it requires extremely late-game material — and a lot of it. Fixing up this building will allow you to plant any crop inside, regardless of season, acting like a greenhouse.
There is also yet another broken bridge to the top left of this area, though it does not unlock more farmland. It unlocks the final mine, which has gold ore, orichalcum ore, and precious stones like rubies and emeralds.
- Debris clearing requirements: 50 solid lumber, 20 silver ingot, 50 mortar or 20,000 gold
- Stable repair requirements: 50 lumber, 40 solid lumber, 30 supple lumber
- Beehive repair requirements: 20 durable lumber, 50 tough grass
- Silo repair requirements: 20 bricks, 10 silver ingots
- Hydroculture plant repair requirements: 50 mirage lumber, 50 orichalcum ingot, 20 suction pumps, 10 olive crystal
- Bridge repair requirements: 30 supple lumber, 10 silver ingot or 30,000 gold