There are two kinds of collectibles in nearly every Super Mario Odyssey kingdom: power moons and coins. And there are two types of coins: regular gold coins that you can find and spend anywhere and kingdom-specific purple coins. In this guide, we’ll show you the locations of every kingdom coin in the Snow Kingdom. (Check out our guide to the Snow Kingdom’s power moons to find all of those.)
There are 50 purple coins to collect in the Snow Kingdom.
Snow Kingdom coins map
We’ve broken the purple coins into sets and numbered the images in the galleries below to correspond to the map above. Follow the numbers, and you can collect them all in one (more or less) continuous loop, starting near the Odyssey and finishing down in Shiveria Town.
1-5: Odyssey to the Ice Well
1. The first pair of coins is right behind where the Odyssey lands.
2. Turn to the southeast and look along the southern shore. There are three small caves blocked by icicles. Smash one of them and you’ll find four coins hidden inside.
3. Head to the southeast corner of the kingdom. These are sitting in the open along the shore.
4. Go all the way to the north of the lake. There’s a shallow bay-like area on the western side. Hop in, grab a Cheep Cheep, and collect you coins.
5. Keep the Cheep Cheep, then swim west and then south toward the Above the Ice Well flag. There’s a low platform near the flag with these two coins.
6: Shiveria Town
6. When you drop through the Ice Well into Shiveria Town, these four coins are behind you on your left.
7-8: Icicle Cavern
7. Make your way through the Icicle Cavern normally, picking up moons 1 and 2 along the way. Stack up Goombas as you go — you’ll want six or so to collect these coins easily. The first set of coins is right before the end. Watch along the wall when you’re walking over the Xs.
8. Before you drop through the hole to finish the Icicle Cavern, head to the pillars overlooking where you started. You’ll find these coins between the first two pillars on the left.
9-10: Hollow Crevasse
9. The first set of coins is to your left when you start. Lure one of the Bitefrosts down to the corner, then ride it up to collect your coins — just jump out of the way of its jaws.
10. When you start climbing the platforms and ledges in the back left corner of the room, the next set of coins will be above you. The second Bitefrost will lift you high enough to collect them.
11-12: Snowy Mountain
11. The first updraft you uncork shortly after starting this area will land you right next to these coins. They’re along a narrow ledge on your left.
12. Further in, there is a small, snow-filled gap behind another updraft — this is the way you go to collect moon 7. There is a small gap right before you collect the moon. Slide down to collect these moons (then wall jump back up).
13-14: Wind-Chill Cavern
13. Both of these sets of coins are floating over the poisonous lake, so you’ll need a free Ty-Foo to collect them. The fourth and final one isn’t fenced in, so that’s the one you’ll need to capture. Head to the left first, toward the wall, then back the way you came to find the first three coins.
14. Pass back through the gap where you picked up the Ty-Foo and head back toward the entrance to the cavern. These four coins are floating about halfway between the entrance and the exit.
15-16: Snowline Circuit
15. Drop through the hole in the floor of Shiveria Town, down to the Snowline Circuit. Head off to the left where you go (or went) to pick up your reluctant racer. Go past the first doorway on your left, then go through the snow wall ahead of you. The first coins are on the other side.
16. Go back and through the doorway, then climb up the ramp. The second round room you come to will have these four coins in the middle.