CBS entertainment president Glenn Geller says the network still has an interest in developing a superhero series, even if executives did decide earlier this year to get rid of Supergirl.
Geller made the announcement during his keynote session at the Television Critics Association conference on Wednesday and said that it was an area they were interested in exploring, but it had to be at the right time. He added they weren't just going to buy the rights to a property and hope for the best.
"If we heard the right superhero pitch and we thought it was right for us, we would absolutely buy it," Geller said. "We haven't heard anything along those lines as of right now."
Back in March, CBS president Les Moonves announced the return of 11 shows, but left Supergirl out. When asked about it, Moonves said they were currently in negotiations, but said he and the team at CBS were 100 percent behind the show and were committed to keeping it. A few months later, CBS made the official announcement that Supergirl would get a second season — on a different network.
Geller wouldn't talk about Supergirl going to The CW after having a somewhat of a lackluster season ratings-wise on CBS but reiterated that the network was very interested in pursuing other superhero options. When the move happened, both Moonves and CW president Mark Pedowitz said that the show had finally arrived on the network it should have been on from the beginning.
More is expected to be announced during The CW's presentation at the conference on Thursday.