Game of Thrones’ seventh season will be its penultimate one, and we can see in some new photos from the show that its wide cast of characters are coming closer and closer together as the series’ end draws near.
Winter has finally arrived in Westeros, and although we don’t see any White Walkers in the 15 production stills that HBO released today, their shadow figures to loom large over season 7. After all, the season’s first teaser trailer ended not with one of the monarchs wrestling for control of Westeros, but with the Night’s King, who presents an existential threat to humanity.
We do get a glimpse of almost every major character, including Bran near the Wall; Cersei and Jaime in King’s Landing; Jon Snow, Sansa Stark and their cohorts at Winterfell; Sam and Gilly at Oldtown; Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister and their allies, who appear to have landed in Westeros after sailing across the Narrow Sea; and Arya Stark, perhaps somewhere near the Twins.
The seventh season of Game of Thrones, which will run for seven episodes, will premiere July 16 on HBO.
- Cersei now sits on the Iron Throne, with her brother Jaime at her side. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Don’t mess with Lyanna Mormont. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Ser Davos Seaworth is one of the few good men left in the world of Game of Thrones. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Sam and Gilly at the Citadel in Oldtown. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Without Hodor around, Meera has taken the role of dragging Bran across the land. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Tormund still has a thing for Brienne. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Littlefinger still has a thing for Sansa. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Sandor “The Hound” Clegane, the unkillable knight. Helen Sloan/HBO
- This figures to be a big year for Jon Snow. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Arya Stark still has some names left on her list. Helen Sloan/HBO
- The estimable Daenerys Targaryen. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Lord Varys is helping Daenerys however he can. Helen Sloan/HBO
- Missandei is Daenerys’ closest confidante. Macall B. Polay/HBO
- Tyrion Lannister, the hand of Queen Daenerys. Macall B. Polay/HBO
- Daenerys rolls deep with (left to right) Missandei, Tyrion, Varys and Grey Worm. Macall B. Polay/HBO