This week on Awful Squad, the gang tackled PUBG’s zombie mode with a fantastical rule set. Each player was assigned a character class:
- Griffin McElroy — Wizard: Can use pistols, sniper rifles and throwables. Cannot equip armor. Must pick up and distribute any healing or support items to the rest of the team. Will not share a vehicle with a Barbarian.
- Simone de Rochefort — Barbarian: Can use shotguns, pistols and melee weapons. Can equip armor. Will not share a vehicle with a Wizard.
- Ross Miller — Rogue: Can use crossbows, pistols and melee weapons. Cannot go into churches or other sacred places. Cannot share items.
- Travis McElroy — Paladin: Can use rifles, pistols and melee weapons. Can equip armor. Can freely use healing items, and must immediately heal downed teammates. Will not share a vehicle with the Rogue.
- Brian Gilbert — Time Bard: Can use literally anything, but must communicate in rhyme. If they fail to do so, they must drop a weapon.
This episode also features:
- Russ Frushtick
- Jeff Ramos
Can our scrappy crew of adventurers overcome their differences and survive this life-or-death LARP? Tune in to find out!
No idea what Awful Squad is? Play catch-up with the series, in which a bunch of Polygon staffers and friends team up for some truly terrible matches of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
If you like this sort of video content, perhaps you’d enjoy Polygon’s many video series, including Monster Factory, Please Retweet, SEO Play, Issue at Hand, Fold Yeller and more! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for handy alerts when we do something cool. Maybe you’ll be the star of the next episode of Awful Squad!