Yakuza 6: The Song of Life kicks off with series protagonist Kazuma Kiryu fresh out of prison on the hunt for Haruka, his adoptive daughter, who went missing in his absence. As soon as you arrive in the bustling city center of Kamurocho, you can begin unraveling the mystery of Haruka’s disappearance.
Or you can sing karaoke. That’s what we did.
The Yakuza games have always been a blend of melodrama and silly side activities, and Yakuza 6 is shaping up to be more of the same — in the best way possible. In the video above, we explored the game’s open world to help create a list of fun activities to do instead of finding Kiryu’s missing child.
- Take a selfie with a big cone. Yakuza 6 gives Kiryu a flashy new smartphone that he can use to check emails, take missions and, yes, snap selfies with Kamurocho’s many big cones.
- Hit a man with a big cone. There are tough customers out on the streets of Kamurocho, and Kiryu’s not above beating them down with help from his old friend, the big cone.
- Get swole. Spend some time working on yourself! When you eventually find your missing daughter, she’ll be very impressed with your physique.
- Game. What, are you not gonna game? Yakuza 6 includes several fully featured SEGA classics, including Outrun, Puyo Puyo and Virtua Fighter 5.
- Eat a nice meal. Make sure to snap a picture to show your daughter, whenever you do find her.
- Pet a cat. This one’s self-explanatory.
- Sing karaoke alone. This might be more fun if your daughter was here. What happened to her? Who knows.
Yakuza 6 comes out April 17 on PlayStation 4.