After a relatively quiet May, four big names, five depending on your point of view, are dropping out of Xbox Game Pass as of tomorrow. If you’re a subscriber and want to continue your progress, you can acquire these for 20 percent off. The list prices given are their current full price through the Microsoft store.
- Dead Island Definitive Edition: This concludes the second tour of duty for the remastered version of Techland’s breakout hit. It had been on the service since Halloween this time. $19.99.
- Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition: Likewise a current-gen re-release, it had been with Game Pass since January 2018. $24.99.
- Shadow Complex Remastered: And the hat trick of remasters, Chair Entertainment’s 2009 metroidvania was reconstituted for Xbox One in 2016 and joined Game Pass in July 2018. $14.99.
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Capcom’s fighter had been on Game Pass as a backward compatible title since January. $24.99.
- Zombie Army Trilogy: Rebellion’s Sniper Elite spinoff was added to Game Pass in July 2018. It’s $49.99, which I admit, takes some cojones. There’s a Zombie Army: Dead War 4 coming sometime next year.
A subscription to Xbox Game Pass is $9.99 a month. However, Microsoft is now pairing that up with Xbox Live Gold for $14.99 a month, with an offer of $1 for the first month for new subscribers. That also gets subscribers access to the newly announced Xbox Game Pass for PC library, which brings the total catalog to more than 330 games.