In this The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide, we’ll show you how to find Etsu Korima shrine near the peak of Mount Hylia.
The Champions’ Ballad adds a new main story quest for you to take on after you’ve tamed all four Divine Beasts. The first stage of EX The Champions’ Ballad presents you with a new series of challenges on the Great Plateau.
Once you claim the One-Hit Obliterator from the Shrine of Resurrection, you’ll have to travel around the Great Plateau to four locations. Near each waypoint on your map, you’ll have to defeat a group of enemies to reveal the shrine.
The key to these Great Plateau challenges is counterintuitive: Don’t rely on your shiny new weapon. The One-Hit Obliterator deals infinite damage, but you’ll also die with one hit (even from something as silly as bees). You’ve still got your bows and arrows. Use them first, then rely on the Obliterator when an enemy closes the distance. That means you’re going to want as many arrows of every kind as you can find and afford.
Finding Etsu Korima shrine
The waypoint for this shrine is near the peak of Mount Hylia, about halfway between Owa Daim and Keh Namut shrines. There’s no way to just paraglide to this marker like the others, so you’re going to have to walk. Warping to Keh Namut shrine makes for a slightly easier trip.
Head straight southwest from the shrine. As you start climbing up toward the peak of Mount Hylia, watch for a column of smoke rising just to the left — that’s the enemy camp you’re heading for. If you continue climbing past it, though, you’ll come to a flat area that lets you look down over the camp. You can take shots from here with your bow, or you can paraglide down and do plunging attacks to kill the tougher enemies.
Your challenges this time are four moblins and a wizzrobe. The wizzrobe is pretty week, but they’re always moving and they’ve got that ranged attack. Focus on the moblins one at a time and kill them to make sure you don’t get swarmed. Just make sure you watch for the (usually) less dangerous enemies like chuchus and keeses.
Etsu Korima shrine
- Climb up the stairs and enter the first room. Crouch to crawl under the first few laser beams. The final one is moving up and down — you can either walk over it or under it. You don’t have to crouch for the final beam.
- Take the right turn and enter the room with the spinning spike columns. Turn to the left as soon as you can and head for the corner. Draw your bow and light an arrow on one of the braziers (or use a fire arrow). Look down the left wall of the room for a wooden platform with a treasure chest on top. Shoot it with your flaming arrow to drop the chest and retrieve your gold rupee.
- Hug the wall through the room and out the other side. Go up the stairs on the far side and follow the hall to the left. Your next challenge is an obstacle course of flame jets. Just walk across them when they go out.
- Go down the stairs after the jets of flame. Use the blocks at the bottom for cover from the Guardian that’s waiting for you. Continue forward, but get ready for more fighting — there are two more Guardians to defeat.
- Head up the stairs and grab your spirit orb.