In this The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide, we’ll show you how to find Shira Gomar shrine in Tanagar Canyon. You’ll need to find this shrine as part of the EX Champion Revali’s Song main story quest.
The Champions’ Ballad adds a new main story quest for you to take on after you’ve tamed all four Divine Beasts. The first stage of EX The Champions’ Ballad presents you with a new series of challenges on the Great Plateau. After that, you must complete a series of challenges for each of the Champions.
Finding the stone monument
To begin EX Champion Revali’s Song, you must find the stone monument with hints to the three trial locations. The monument’s location was marked on your map when the One-Hit Obliterator split apart.
Your destination is about halfway between Rito Village and Tabantha Tower. Warp to the top of Tabantha Tower and look north — you’ll be able to see the stone monument. Jump off and paraglide north. It’s a long trip (about a full stamina ring), but this is the easiest way to get there. As you get closer, you’ll hear Kass’ accordion. (You might have to fight the natural human instinct to run away from accordion music.)
The stone monument displays three satellite-looking images of the nearby area, and Kass’ song gives you hints about what you’ll be doing there. With a little detective work and your map (or just by looking at the image above), you’ll be able to find the approximate locations of your trials.
Shoot the flame dragon’s horn
The instructions for finding this shrine are simple enough — you’ve probably met (and shot) dragons before — but finding the location shown in the stone monument’s image is a bit confusing. Use the map in the section above or the gallery here to help you pin down the location. The easiest way to get to it is to warp to Hebra Tower and paraglide southwest. Keep floating along until you cross over the lip of the canyon, then turn a little to the right (west). Look for a plateau below you with a campfire burning — you may even see the column of smoke first.
Land by the fire and talk to the rito Mazli. In a happy coincidence, he’s here standing guard over the town in case the dragon comes back, and he’ll mention that it shows up at night. Sit by the campfire until night, then go stand next to Mazli. You’ll have a few hours to wait.
Dinraal will show up around midnight and fly straight past where you’re standing. When he gets close and you can see his horns glowing, jump off and paraglide toward him. When you feel like you’re close enough, draw your bow and take aim at his horns.
The shrine will appear on the other side of the canyon, south of where Mazli was camping. You’ll have to do a bit of climbing to get there, or you can just travel back to Hebra Tower and paraglide all the way over again. (Before you go rushing off, though, look for the shard of Dinraal’s horn that fell. There’s also a korok seed on a small plateau right below the shrine, and the canyon floor has a number of valuable ore deposits.)
Shira Gomar shrine
- Use the fans in front of the starting platforms to make your way over to the platform ahead of you.
- Stand on the fan in the middle of the platform and switch to one of your remote bombs (either will work). Move the camera so you’re looking straight up, then summon a bomb and set it down. You’ll watch it float straight up in the fan’s breeze. Your goal is to detonate it just as it passes in front of the destructable blocks above you. (Watch the shadows for a good guide.)
- Ride the fan up and through the hall you just opened. Walk straight through to come to a bomb cannon mounted to a fan. Drop a round bomb into the funnel and watch it sail over to the large destructible wall ahead of you. Detonate the bomb when it bounces, and repeat as necessary.
- Walk around the cannon and ride the fan over to the opening you made.
- There are two fans inside the opening. Just keep paragliding and let them carry you up to a new platform.
- Hop down to the spinning gear and look around to get your bearings. Switch to stasis and lock the gear in place when one of the fans is pointed at the gate and long longer hitting the propellor. It will take a second for the propellor to stop spinning, so the gate will remain closed for a second or two.
- Before the stasis wears off, drop a round remote bomb into the fan cannon. Detonate it to destroy the blocks. Wait for your stasis to recharge, then float through the now open door.
- Ride the next series of fans all the way to the end of the shrine, but do not approach the monk yet. Instead, turn to the left and look toward the middle of the room where you’ll see a treasure chest with 10 bomb arrows.
- Drop back to the spinning gear, then retrace your steps to the monk. Claim your Medoh’s emblem.