In this The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide, we’ll show you how to find Kamia Omuna shrine at Lake Darman. You’ll need to find this shrine as part of the EX Champion Daruk’s Song main story quest.
The Champions’ Ballad adds a new main story quest for you to take on after you’ve tamed all four Divine Beasts. The first stage of EX The Champions’ Ballad presents you with a new series of challenges on the Great Plateau. After that, you must complete a series of challenges for each of the Champions.
Finding the stone monument
To begin EX Champion Daruk’s Song, you must find the stone monument with hints to the three trial locations. The monument’s location was marked on your map when the One-Hit Obliterator split apart.
The stone monument is on a high cliff to the southwest of Goron City. Warp to Shae Mo’sah shrine, then follow the road out of town (back down the way you first approached Goron City). When you get to the turn where the road turns left (south), look across the lava and up. You should be able to seek the top of the monument peaking up. There’s no easy way to get up there — just paraglide across the lava and climb.
The stone monument displays three satellite-looking images of the nearby area, and Kass’ song gives you hints about what you’ll be doing there. With a little detective work and your map (or just by looking at the image above), you’ll be able to find the approximate locations of your trials.
Stop a titan of molten stone
Kass’ first hint leads you to a remote area northeast of Goron City, about halfway between Shora Hah and Gorae Torr shrines. Warp to Gorae Torr shrine, then head to the southern edge of Gut Check Rock. There’s an updraft here that will help you along the way. Head straight west, then climb the cliff you run into. Turn left at the top (and fight your way through any enemies you find waiting for you) and follow the flat path. You’ll go through a natural tunnel and arrive at a lava lake.
Run west along the shore of the lava lake — watch on your right for a bunch of ore deposits where you can find a ton of valuable stones. Keep heading west until you see an igneo talus sticking out of the lava.
The fight against the igneo talus titan is mostly like every other talus you’ve fought, with a twist — you can’t run up to it because of the lava. But there is an updraft coming off the lava that you can ride to land on its head.
Hit it with an ice arrow to cool it down enough to stand on, then ride the updraft over to it. Pick out your beefiest two-handed weapon, lock on and spin. If you’ve got something strong enough, you should be able to defeat it very quickly. Otherwise, just repeat the process until it’s dead. The shrine will pop up right next to you.
Kamia Omuna shrine
- Walk forward and turn to the left to find a cannon mounted on a turning platform with a crystal. Drop a round remote bomb into the cannon, then hit the crystal.
- You can’t stop the platform, so just watch until it’s lined up with the target on the wall. Detonate the bomb to fire the cannon.
- The wall will drop, revealing a new, moving target. Before you aim at the target, you’re going to fire the ball at the chest to the right of the target. The ball will smash the platform the chest is on, causing it to fall.
- Drop down to the level below the cannon and use the walkway to your right to run over toward the chest. There’s a gap before you get there and the chest is in a cage. Switch to magnesis and lift the chest out. Open it for a diamond.
- Return to the cannon and watch the pattern of the moving target. It pauses three times — at each row of lights on the wall. The cannon is aimed at the middle one. Wait until just before the target gets there, then hit the crystal and detonate the bomb when it’s lined up.
- Go through the gate you just opened, then go down the stairs on your right. Head to the left first to trigger the motion-control console (everyone’s favorite). Twist the cage and platform so that the target is visible. Use the cannon to hit the target and open the wall behind it.
- There’s another target directly behind the floating platform. Return to the motion-control console and twist the platform so that you can fire the cannon over the first target, then through the hole in the cage to hit the target behind it. (It’s hard to describe, so look at the gallery and video above for some tips.)
- Once you hit the target, head back up the stairs and go meet Kamia Omuna to claim your Rudania’s emblem.