In this The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide, we’ll show you how to find Sharo Lun east of Death Mountain. You’ll need to find this shrine as part of the EX Champion Daruk’s Song main story quest.
The Champions’ Ballad adds a new main story quest for you to take on after you’ve tamed all four Divine Beasts. The first stage of EX The Champions’ Ballad presents you with a new series of challenges on the Great Plateau. After that, you must complete a series of challenges for each of the Champions.
Finding the stone monument
To begin EX Champion Daruk’s Song, you must find the stone monument with hints to the three trial locations. The monument’s location was marked on your map when the One-Hit Obliterator split apart.
The stone monument is on a high cliff to the southwest of Goron City. Warp to Shae Mo’sah shrine, then follow the road out of town (back down the way you first approached Goron City). When you get to the turn where the road turns left (south), look across the lava and up. You should be able to seek the top of the monument peaking up. There’s no easy way to get up there — just paraglide across the lava and climb.
The stone monument displays three satellite-looking images of the nearby area and Kass’ song gives you hints about what you’ll be doing there. With a little detective work and your map (or just by looking at the image above), you’ll be able to find the approximate locations of your trials.
Follow rings of light alone
To find this shrine, you have to paraglide through another series of rings. This one is a little more lava-prone than the others you’ve had to do, though. Warp to the Divine Beast Van Rudania and face east. You’ll see your first ring on the other side of the caldera.
The next ring requires you to climb a little, but the rest is a rapid, Pilotwings-style race down the eastern face of Death Mountain. There are several rapid descents where you’ll have to put your paraglider away and plunge down. The course is a relatively straight shot, though, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble. The shrine will appear right by the end of the course.
Sharo Lun shrine
- Run forward and jump onto one of the metal blocks that swings past. For the first hallway, climb around to the side of the block opposite the flame throwers.
- At the end of the ride, hop off and head to the right to find another block to ride.
- The next hallway has spike and Guardian scouts. Take the Guardians out as quickly as you can (with shots to their eyes) so you can focus on avoiding the spikes. (If you die in the process, though, the Guardians don’t respawn.)
- Hop off at the end of the hall and grab your next block.
- As you pass the waterfall, use cryonis put an ice block on the wall to your right to catch the falling chest. Hop over to the ice block and retrieve the long throw great flameblade.
- Look across the hall and place another ice block at the left side of the platforms. Head to the left platform and glide across to the ice block you just made. Climb up the platforms to jump over the flames. Land on a metal block on the other side, then ride it around to the next waterfall.
- Build yourself ice stairs up to the exit. Talk to Sharo Lun to claim your Rudania’s emblem.