In this The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide, we’ll show you how to find Rinu Honika shrine by Darb Pond. You’ll need to find this shrine as part of the EX Champion Daruk’s Song main story quest.
The Champions’ Ballad adds a new main story quest for you to take on after you’ve tamed all four Divine Beasts. The first stage of EX The Champions’ Ballad presents you with a new series of challenges on the Great Plateau. After that, you must complete a series of challenges for each of the Champions.
Finding the stone monument
To begin EX Champion Daruk’s Song, you must find the stone monument with hints to the three trial locations. The monument’s location was marked on your map when the One-Hit Obliterator split apart.
The stone monument is on a high cliff to the southwest of Goron City. Warp to Shae Mo’sah shrine, then follow the road out of town (back down the way you first approached Goron City). When you get to the turn where the road turns left (south), look across the lava and up. You should be able to seek the top of the monument peaking up. There’s no easy way to get up there — just paraglide across the lava and climb.
The stone monument displays three satellite-looking images of the nearby area and Kass’ song gives you hints about what you’ll be doing there. With a little detective work and your map (or just by looking at the image above), you’ll be able to find the approximate locations of your trials.
Survive lava’s fiery fate
Warp to Kayra Mah shrine. Exit the cave, then turn around and climb to the top of the cliff (or you can make it to the top with Revali’s Gale). From there, just start running east — it’s relatively flat, so you don’t have to do much climbing. You’ll eventually come to a cliff overlooking a lava lake, and you’ll see a glowing ring in the lava. That’s your goal.
Paraglide down and to the right (south) a little to land on the large rock overlooking the lava lake. Talk to the goron brothers (the same ones from the Gut Check challenge) to get a little context, then head down to the left (west) shore of the lake.
There’s a metal box right there and another a little farther to the north — you’ll have to fight a lizalfos to claim this one. Bring the metal boxes down to the shore. There are also four floating rocks right here. Use the metal boxes to push the rocks into a line of stepping stones. You won’t be able to make it all the way there, though, so just continue moving around the rocks until you can reach the glowing ring. (You can use the metal boxes, but you’ll take a little damage while doing so.)
You will knock yourself off of the floating rocks. Just keep with it until the shrine appears above the lake on the cliff to the west.
Rinu Honika shrine
- Walk forward — there’s nothing to do right here at the beginning. Duck under the first set of flames.
- Climb up the stairs and look at the base of the tower on your left when you get to the next set. There’s a destructible block there. Drop a remote bomb over the edge of the platform and detonate it. That will lower the first flame out of your way — and you can walk right under the second one.
- At the next set, look at the bottom on the right. Switch to magnesis and grab the metal block. Use the block to block (heh) the flames as you continue along the path — you’ll have to strafe sideways, but you’ll be safe.
- Bring the block with you down the stairs, then stash it somewhere safe. Use the metal block to cross the lava, then turn around and pick it up with magnesis. Place it on the floor in (very) roughly the middle of the wall of flames. Retrieve the other metal block and place it on top hanging over to the left or right by about half — it should lean against the wall so it doesn’t fall. Pass under the top block to get past the wall of flames.
- Before you continue on, turn to the right to see this shrine’s treasure chest. Use the metal blocks to make yourself a path to it. You’ll find a long through stone smasher inside.
- Return to the main walkway and continue on. Follow the path around to the right then up the stairs. Use the motion-control console on your left. Flip the entire platform over toward you, then rotate it 90 degrees horizontally. This will give you a walkway and block all six of the flame jets at once.
- Cross the walkway and claim your Rudania’s emblem.