In this The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide, we’ll show you how to Fireblight Ganon in the Illusory Realm to complete the EX Daruk’s Song main story quest.
The Champions’ Ballad adds a new main story quest for you to take on after you’ve tamed all four Divine Beasts. The first stage of EX The Champions’ Ballad presents you with a new series of challenges on the Great Plateau. After that, you must complete a series of challenges for each of the Champions.
Getting to the fight
The earlier stages of EX Daruk’s Song require you to find three shrines: Kamia Omuna, Sharo Lun and Rinu Honika. Those shrines reward you with Rudania’s Emblems. Once you have all three, you can return to the Divine Beast Vah Rudania where you’ll be transported into the Illusory Realm to once again face Fireblight Ganon.
Preparing for the fight
During the fight, your inventory will be basically empty. You have no shield, one boulder breaker, a knight’s bow and five ice arrows, a level two framebreaker set and a few pieces of food. Aside from taking your armor off and fighting in your underpants, there’s nothing you can change.
However, if you drink an elixir or eat a meal that grants a temporary boost, that boost will carry over into the Illusory Realm. We recommend either an attack up or speed up boost. Attack up will help you end the fight sooner, while speed up lets you maneuver around the arena more quickly.
You also retain all of the powers granted when you defeat the four Divine Beasts. While there might be a lot of standing around doing nothing involved, waiting for all of the powers to recharge is a great help during this fight (especially Daruk’s Protection).
Since your resources are limited this time around, you want to finish this fight quickly. That means you have to be very purposeful in your approach. Read through our notes below to help you prepare.
Illusory Realm: Fireblight Ganon
- This fight is all about perfectly timed backflips, side hops and flurry rushes. It can be over pretty quickly if you’re confident with your dodges.
- As soon as the fight starts, get in close to Fireblight Ganon and lock on. He’ll either do a horizontal sweeping attack or a top-down vertical slash. If he swings horizontally, backflip. If he swings down, side hop. He telegraphs his attack, so you have a moment to think.
- When you successfully trigger a flurry rush, Fireblight Ganon won’t fall. So, as soon as you’re done swinging, get ready to repeat the process.
- When you get him down to about half health, he’ll regroup and create a yellow shield around himself. He’ll run (fly) away and charge an attack that sucks in everything around him. When he flees, follow him. When he starts to suck everything in, pull up a remote bomb and toss it. Detonate it when it’s close to Fireblight Ganon to knock him down.
- Fireblight Ganon will fall to the ground stunned. Get close and build up a spinning charged attack (followed by Urbosa’s Fury).
- If he tries to shoot you with a Guardian beam from his eye, just find something to put between you and him.
- He’ll come in close again. After that, just repeat the dodging until you defeat him.
- You’ll be rewarded with Daruk’s Protection+.