The Ta’loh Naeg shrine above Kakariko Village is another combat-type shrine, but this one teaches you a few new tricks.
Again, we’re not going to walk you through it — the game does a great job of that on its own. Here are the highlights.
- Turn left and right before the fight begins to find chests containing an eightfold blade and a shield of the mind’s eye.
- Side hop by locking onto an enemy with LZ and pressing left or right on the left thumbstick to strafe, then jumping.
- Perform a perfect dodge to launch a flurry rush.
- Perform a backflip by locking on, pressing back (away) on the left thumbstick and jumping.
- A well-timed backflip will also unlock a flurry rush.
- Perform a perfect guard by locking onto an enemy and parrying with the A button at the right time.
- This, too, gives you the flurry rush option.
- Hold down Y to do a charged attack.
- Grab the opal in the chest on the way out to get your spirit orb.