How to find Kuh Takkar shrine
Kuh Takkar shrine is located in southwest Hyrule, northeast of Gerudo tower region and Gerudo tower. It’s also completely encased in ice when you arrive. Use fire-based weapons or light a few campfires (with flint and wood) next to the ice to thaw it and reveal the shrine.
How to solve the Kuh Takkar shrine ice cube puzzles and find the treasure chest
Your goal is to bring the ice cube to Kuh Takkar at the end of the shrine.
- Pick up the ice cube.
- Walk up the ramp, turn left and walk through the vertical pillars of fire.
- Throw the ice cube past the rotating fire pillars. (It’s safer than running, and it won’t damage the ice cube.)
- Pick up the ice cube, turn left and go up the second ramp.
- Set the ice cube down before the horizontal pillars of fire.
- Walk under the horizontal fire pillars and use magnesis to lift the large metal cube out of the lava.
- Place the large metal cube at an angle that blocks the horizontal fire pillars.
- Pick up the ice cube, walk past the horizontal fire pillars and set the ice cube down again.
- Use magnesis to place the large metal cube diagonally in the lava. (Diagonal placement makes it easy for you to cross.)
- Pick up the ice cube and cross the lava on top of the large metal cube.
- Use magnesis to move the large metal cube to the right of the vertical fire pillars and block the fire.
- Pick up the ice cube and walk to the large metal cube’s left.
- Use magnesis to place the large metal cube onto another set of vertical fire pillars (this time shooting up toward the ceiling) around the corner from the vertical fire pillars.
- Paraglide to the top of the large metal cube.
- Open the treasure chest behind the large metal cube for a frostblade.
- Leave the room with the treasure chest and take the ladder up to where you threw the ice cube.
- Pick up the ice cube once again and throw it through the vertical fire pillars coming from the ceiling. (It will shrink, but that’s fine.)
- Use magnesis to pick up the large metal cube again, hold it over your head and walk through the vertical fire pillars. (It will protect you.)
- Carry the ice cube up the final ramp, meet Kuh Takkar and collect your spirit orb.