When you enter the Yiga Clan Hideout, you’ll see a woman, Barta, who speaks of the Thunder Helm. That’s what you’ll need to collect.
Your goal should be to get through this area without being seen. If you are seen, then it’s effectively game over. You’ll be swamped, and you almost certainly won’t be able to defeat your enemies.
So the strategy here is simple: be quiet, be stealthy. And also collect a ton of treasure.
Here’s how to get through and collect all of the treasure without being seen:
- Walk up the stairs and take the Mighty Bananas.
- Wait for the guard below to walk to your left, and then paraglide down, past him.
- Walk down the stairs and drop some Mighty Bananas in the path just beyond the farthest barrier.
- Make some noise to alert the guard near the door. He’ll investigate, find the food, and get distracted while dancing and eating.
- Run back toward the stairs and then turn and run to the other side of the room. Pillage a treasure chest there for a sapphire.
- Run through the door where the guard stood, turn left, and climb the ladder at the end of the hallway.
- Run down the corridor and collect approximately 473,222 Mighty Bananas.
- Open the treasure chest in the same room for topaz.
- Retrace your steps, turn left at your first opportunity, and jump onto the box. A guard patrols the box, walking around it below you.
- Hop off the box when the guard can’t see you, and follow him around, collecting a ruby from a corner and topaz, amber and an opal, which are all sitting on wooden crates.
- Climb back up to the top of the box.
- Watch the guard patrolling around your box and a guard in the distance, who patrols an area around a ladder.
- When you’re confident that neither guard can see you, paraglide off your box, toward the ladder.
- Crouch and sneak past the guard and climb the ladder.
- At the top of the ladder, take your first right and collect the Mighty Bananas sitting out in the open and, beyond them, a silver rupee (worth 100 rupees) from the treasure chest.
- Walk away from the treasure chest, taking the path to the right as far as you can go. You’ll see a ladder, but don’t climb down it.
- Instead, jump off the ledge, deploy your paraglider and very carefully make your way along the wall, through the entrance covered with spikes and into the next room.
- Pillage the two treasure chests there for two gold rupees (worth 300 rupees each).
- Walk back to the room you came from, and take the ladder up.
- Take the path forward, and turn right at your first opportunity, so that you’re standing on a white cloth.
- Look down, and you’ll see a guard standing in front of a door.
- Drop Mighty Bananas off of the ledge where you’re standing to attract the guard’s attention.
- Paraglide over the guard’s head while he’s distracted, and walk into the room he was guarding.
- Open the treasure chest in the center of the room for some super disappointing Mighty Bananas.
- Use magnesis to find and unearth three treasure chests for topaz, more topaz and a ruby. There’s also a duplex bow (which fires two arrows at a time) you can pick up on the far side of the room behind the treasure chest.
- Destroy the pots in the room for a bunch of arrows (because you’re about to need them).
- Use magnesis on the discolored wall to uncover the entrance to the boss fight with Master Kohga.
Master Kohga boss fight
There isn’t much to the Master Kogha boss fight, mostly because he’s a goofball.
When he raises a boulder over his head, shoot him with an arrow. Repeat the process until the second phase of the fight begins, and then … well, repeat the process when boulders appear over his head as he’s floating over the giant hole in the middle of the room.
After the fight, you’ll get the Thunder Helm, which you can take back to Riju in Gerudo Town.
To Gerudo Town or the Kuh Takkar shrine
At this point, you can feel free to warp back to Gerudo Town and advance the mission, but you have another option. Climb the walls at the far end of the arena where you fought Master Kohga. Head northeast, and you’ll soon find Kuh Takkar shrine.