How to find The Lost Pilgrimage shrine quest
The Lost Pilgrimage shrine quest (Daag Chokah shrine) is in The Lost Woods (which is in north central Hyrule). The quickest way to get there is to warp to the Keo Ruug shrine, right in the heart of The Lost Woods.
Speak to Tasho to begin the shrine quest. To find him, place a marker in the northwest corner of The Lost Woods, and use your mini-map as a guide as you walk toward your marker. (Check out the video above to see the path you need to take … and also everything else we’ve written here.)
Your goal is to follow Okai, though you can’t let him know that you’re following him. Hence, this is all about stealth. Trail him without being seen, and you’ll find Daag Chokah shrine, where you can collect an Ancient Core.
Prepare with stealth armor
Before you begin your journey through The Lost Pilgrimage shrine quest, we have a recommendation: If you haven’t already, go to Kakariko Village (in southeast Hyrule) and buy the stealth armor. It’s not cheap …
- Stealth Chest Guard: 700 rupees
- Stealth Tights: 600 rupees
- Stealth Mask: 500 rupees
… but it’s unbelievably useful throughout Breath of the Wild — and especially in this quest, which is all about being stealthy.
You’re so quiet while wearing stealth clothing that you can basically jog right up to birds (among the most skittish animals in the game) before they notice you. In other words, it’s useful everywhere, and you should own it.
Its not a requirement for this shrine quest, but it’s super useful, and it’s among the best investments you can make in the game. Plus, it makes Link look like a ninja, which is rad. If you have anything of value, sell it and get the 1,800 rupees you need. You won’t regret it, and you can always find more gems.
How to follow Okai without being seen
In short, you need to trail Okai. Here’s how to do that without being seen (and without losing track of him):
- Crouch. The whole time. Don’t stand up.
- Keep your distance. Okai will turn around several times. If you're too close, he’ll see you.
- Don’t take the bate. At a few different points, Breath of the Wild will try to make you do things other than quietly following Okai. Don’t. Ignore the wolf.
- Use grass as cover. Most of the time, you’ll find yourself in high grass. As long as you’re crouched down (and you’re a reasonable distance away from Okai), you’ll remain hidden from his view.
- Use trees as cover, too. At one point, Okai will walk through a hollow tree trunk. There’s no grass in there to shield you. Of course he’s going to look back. Just wait for him to pass through, turn, and walk to the right. Then make your way through. This logic applies throughout. If you’re worried about being seen, get behind a tree.
- Look for word bubbles to find Okai. You’re crouching, and Okai isn’t much taller than the grass he’s walking through. If you lose sight of him, just wait a few seconds. You’ll see word bubbles pop up as Okai speaks to himself. That’s how you can find him. (We tried using magnesis and stasis, but neither was particularly helpful — and they make you stand up, which isn’t stealthy).
When Okai arrives at Daag Chokah shrine, approach him, and you’ll complete The Lost Pilgrimage shrine quest. Enter to meet Daag Chokah, collect an Ancient Core and a spirit orb.