Mezza Lo is a shrine within The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s Hateno Tower region.
On this page, we’ll help you find the Mezza Lo shrine location and puzzle solution, and walk you through the “The Crowned Beast” quest to collect the chest and spirit orb reward at the end.
To start the “The Crowned Beast” quest, listen carefully for the sound of Kass’ accordion. Go towards the sound of the music and interact with them to start the quest.
Once you are done here, our shrine locations page can direct you to the next nearest shrine to tackle.
The Crowned Beast quest (Mezza Lo shrine) location
The Crowned Beast shrine quest (which unveils Mezza Lo shrine) begins southeast of Lanayru Tower. (You can paraglide directly to your destination.) Look for Kass (or just follow the sound of his accordion). Speak to him, and he’ll sing you a song with a few hints:
A beast that wears a crown of bone,
Prancing through the lush green.
Mount the beast upon its throne,
For only then the shrine is seen.
It means you need to search the area around Kass for a stag (a big deer with horns). Sneak up on it (stealth armor and stealthy food and elixirs are helpful here), and mount it just like you would a horse. Once you’re on, hammer on L to calm the stag down, and ride it to the orange platform near Kass. (You can see everything in the gallery above.)
Mezza Lo shrine walkthrough
- Walk to the end of the ramp by the laser, and cast stasis on the mechanism producing the laser. When it wears off (or you end it manually), the stone block you’re standing on will move.
- When you’re on the stone block near where you entered, shoot the switch with an arrow to rotate the stone block again. (These positions are all in the gallery above.)
- Move the stone block until you’re at a platform with a treasure chest with a Thunderblade (Durability Up).
- Continue using stasis on the laster control mechanism until you visit all of the platforms.
- Move the platform to give you access to the exit, meet Mezza Lo, and collect your spirit orb.