How to find Kah Okeo shrine
Kah Okeo shrine is located southwest of Tabantha Tower, in far western Hyrule. (Use the gallery above for its exact location.)
It’s also hidden beneath a large slab of rock. You can remove it with stasis and a few whacks of your weapon, or you can just attach an octo balloon and watch the slab float up and out of your way.
Jump down into the hole underneath, and you’ll find Kah Okeo shrine.
Kah Okeo shrine: puzzle solutions and treasure
Kah Okeo shrine is among the most complicated puzzles in Breath of the Wild, so we’re going to split it up by rooms, with images and galleries to show you each step.
Kah Okeo shrine room 1
- Open the treasure chest for a Korok Leaf (because you’re going to need it).
- Use the Korok Leaf on the windmill to open the gate at the top of the ramp.
- Ignore the exploding barrel tied to a balloon and walk through the hallway to the next room.
Kah Okeo shrine room 2
- Defeat the three Guardian Scouts in the next room.
- Climb the ladder to return to the upper area of the room, and swing your Korok Leaf at the windmill. That’ll manifest a floating platform tied to four balloons.
- Walk onto the floating platform and use your Korok Leaf to float to the treasure chest and collect a gold rupee (worth 300 rupees).
- Walk back onto the floating platform, and use your Korok Leaf to float to the other end of the room, where you can disembark and enter the hallway.
- Defeat the Guardian Scout in the hallway, and use a remote bomb to destroy the rocks blocking your path into the next room.
Kah Okeo shrine room 3 (lower floor)
- Step on the discolored part of the floor next to the windmill, and use your Korok Leaf on the windmill. That’ll activate the launcher beneath your feet, and, well, launch you into the air.
- Deploy your paraglider and glide left to get a treasure chest with a Forest Dweller’s Sword.
- Paraglide to the central platform, climb the ladder, and use a bomb to destroy the rock in the middle of the column.
- Using the updraft that you unveiled with your bomb, paraglide to the top of the column.
- Walk along the path, and use your Korok Leaf on the windmill to create another floating platform with balloons.
- Jump onto the floating platform, use your Korok Leaf to navigate to the nearby platform, open the treasure chest and collect a Giant Ancient Core.
- Return to the floating platform, and use your Korok Leaf to navigate between the spiked areas until you reach solid ground.
- Walk off of the floating platform, up the ramp, and use your Korok Leaf on the windmill. That’ll launch you up into the air again.
- Paraglide away from the windmill (backward), onto a platform.
- Drop down to the treasure chest, and collect a Thunderspear.
- Backtrack to the windmill, and paraglide into the walkway above the windmill.
Kah Okeo shrine room 3 (upper floor)
Your goal in this area is to use a floating, exploding barrel to blow up the cracked rocks surrounding the column in the middle of the room.
- Walk to the room with a hole, and use your Korok Leaf on the windmill to make an exploding barrel with three balloons appear.
- Use your Korok Leaf to direct the exploding barrel out of the room.
- Use your Korok Leaf to direct the exploding barrel to the center column.
- If you have fire, bomb or electric arrows, use them to explode the barrel next to the columns. If you don’t, direct the barrel to the conveniently placed lit torches. Either way, it’ll blow up and reveal an updraft where the rocks used to be.
- Walk up the ramp, and use your Korok Leaf on the windmill to launch yourself up into the air.
- Paraglide into the updraft you just revealed.
- At the top of the column, open the treasure chest, and collect the small key.
- Paraglide down through the room, back into the hallway where you can use the small key.
- Meet Koh Okeo, and collect your spirit orb.