Akkala Tower is arguably the trickiest tower to climb in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In this guide, we’ll show you how it’s done.
Prepare for cold
If you have the warm doublet, put it on to protect yourself from the cold. (If you don’t have the warm doublet, you can purchase it in Hateno Village.)
Alternatively, you can eat a meal that protects you from the cold. The spicy fruit and mushroom mix is very simple to make:
- Four spicy peppers
- One sunshroom
Cook them, and you’ll get a meal that restores eight hearts and provides 12 minutes 30 seconds of mid-level cold resistance. You can find all of the ingredients within the vicinity of the entrance to Hylia Mountain in the Great Plateau.
How to climb Akkala Tower
When you arrive at the top of the hill where Akkala Tower rests, look for an eye inside the crumbling ruins that encircle the structure. It’s sticking out of a wall within the Pools of Malice, the black and purple goo that infests the area. Shoot it with an arrow, and a metal beam will fall, allowing you safe passage to the inside of the tower, through a not-quite-fully barred window.
- Climb through the window and make your way up the ruins until you find yourself in an area with red carpet overlooking the metal beam.
- Use magnesis to lift the metal beam out of the Pools of Malice.
- Turn around and walk up the stairs.
- Place the beam in the gap between the top of the stairs and the tower ledge.
- Walk across the beam, and jump onto the tower.
The pathway above where you cling to the tower is clear, and you can climb the rest of the way without avoiding any goo.