Hila Rao is a shrine within The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s Dueling Peaks.
On this page, we’ll help you find the Hila Rao shrine location and puzzle solution, and walk you through the “Drifting” trial to collect the chest and spirit orb reward at the end.
To access the Hila Rao shrine, you’ll need to avoid the flowers or else you’ll get yelled at by Magda.
Once you are done here, our shrine locations page can direct you to the next nearest shrine to tackle.
Hila Rao shrine walkthrough
- The first step of this shrine is getting past Magda, who is very protective of her flowers. There’s no getting around her, just don’t step on the flowers. No, seriously, don’t step on her flowers.
- Inside is pretty straightforward. At the first pool of water, just wait for the plank to float past, hop on and go through the door. (Alternately, you use your cryonis to drop a block of ice in the middle and use that to climb across.)
- Repeat the process at the next, wider, channel. Just work your way forward and to the right, then wait until the planks deliver you to do the door on the other side.
- The next room has a circulating pool that will take a little more work. First, watch for the chest and use your cryonis to create a block of ice under it. Open it for some ice arrows.
- Next, you have to blow up the cracked wall on the far side of the room. You can toss one of your remote bombs in and detonate it in front of the wall or use a fire arrow to shoot one of the floating explosive barrels.
- Once the wall is destroyed, climb through and continue forward to claim your spirit orb.
- Once you’re back out, watch out for Magda’s flowers again.