Trial of the Sword: Final Trials: Underground Floor 5 is a battle between you a lone stalnox. In this level of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s The Master Trials DLC, it’s all about stasis, your bow and arrow and a weapon of your choosing. In this guide, we’ll show you how to beat the stalnox and where to find the hidden treasure chest.
Underground Floor 5 walkthrough
This hinox fight is a bit different than the previous two. First, and most obviously, it’s a stalnox. Second, it doesn’t have those annoying metal leg warmers. And finally, you’ve got much better and more easily accessible cover.
- Equip your best bow, a good shield and a strong weapon.
- The stalnox isn’t sleeping, so you don’t have any time to prepare on this floor. Just line up a bow shot its eye and knock it down.
- Run up to and get a couple hits in on the stalnox.
- When the stalnox gets up, run away.
- When the stalnox is facing you, use stasis to freeze it in place momentarily and repeat the process of shooting it in the eye.
- Shoot it in the eye with an arrow.
- Alternatively, you can make your way to the northeast corner of the room and climb up the rock shelter there. (You might slip, but just keep at it.) Jump off, use bullet time to target the stalnox’s eye, rush in to deal some damage, then run around the shelter and climb to the top again.
- Repeat until the stalnox’s eye pops out.
- Pick up the stalnox’s eye and toss it away from the stalnox. (It’s weaker when it’s loose, and you need distance to deal damage.)
- Grab a good weapon and just go wild on the eye. If you’re using a two-handed weapon, you’ve got a chance to hit it a little further away, but you’ll get fewer hits in. If you’re using a one-handed weapon, you’ll deal more damage but end up chasing it as it rolls back to the skeleton.
- When the stalnox puts its eye back in the socket, start back on the stasis or shelter jumping loop. That’s all there is.
- When you finally destroy it, grab the three weapons it drops (listed below). Those are going to be invaluable in a little while. If you’ve maxed out your inventory, drop any bokoblin (or whatever) arms or the weaker wooden (flamable) weapons you have. (Trust us on that last one.)
- Before you leave, use magnesis to unearth the buried treasure chest behind one of the rock shelters. (See the image in the next section for the exact location.)
Final Trials: Underground Floor 5 armor, weapons and food
Nearly every underground floor in Trial of the Sword includes some combination of armor, weapons and food that you should collect before leaving and use in subsequent levels. Here’s what you can find in this underground floor.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 5 armor and weapons
- Great frostblade
- Arrows (metal crates in rock shelter)
Final Trials: Underground Floor 5 food
Final Trials: Underground Floor 5 treasure chest
- Ice arrow x 5