Trial of the Sword: Final Trials: Underground Floor 19 in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s The Master Trials DLC is a battle between you and several decayed guardians. The fight is tough, but there’s a simple trick you an pull off to make it easy. In this guide, we’ll show you how to defeat all of your enemies and find the hidden treasure chest.
Underground Floor 19 starts a new themed series of rooms. This series starts off as just you versus guardians and finishes with you versus the kitchen sink.
Before we start the walkthrough, let’s talk about how you’re going to take on this level. You want to fight these guardians one at a time — or at least pretend to. There’s a simple process to the fights. It’s the same process you used back in the Middle Trials: Underground Floor 4. You’re going to shoot it in the eye and then you’re going to hit it a bunch.
That’s it. Don’t think about any of the other guardians. Just poke it in the eye and start swinging.
You might remember that you’ve still got eight ancient arrows to use. We’re not there quite yet. It’s better to hold onto them for just a little longer.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 19 walkthrough
- The first decayed guardian is at the far end of the room straight ahead of you. Use the large tree — not the small trees — for cover. You can even climb the tree and jump out of it to bullet time your first shot. Stun it, attack a bunch, then take a step back and repeat the entire process. It’s tempting to run away when the guardian locks on to you, but don’t. When it’s locked on, it’s not moving. That’s your perfect time to poke it in the eye again.
- When the first decayed guardian explodes, two more will activate. They’re all the way back across the room at the far end. Use everything between you and them for cover. There are lots of trees and a few guardians that’ll protect you. Pick one of the guardians, get close, and repeat the same process. If you’re still getting targeted by the other guardian, get between the wall and the guardian. The one you’re fighting will provide cover.
- Repeat the process one more time. When the second guardian blows up, the last three will activate. That’s scary, but you’ve already done this three times.
- Just keep at it. Use trees for cover and to let you get a bullet time shot or two off. Use the guardian you’re fighting as cover against the rest.
- When you’re done fighting the guardians, activate magnesis to find a buried treasure chest in the middle of the room.
- There’s nothing else to pick up, so head to the portal.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 19 armor, weapons and food
Nearly every underground floor in Trial of the Sword includes some combination of armor, weapons and food that you should collect before leaving and use in subsequent levels. Here’s what you can find in this underground floor.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 19 armor and weapons
Final Trials: Underground Floor 19 food
Final Trials: Underground Floor 19 treasure chest
- Knight’s shield
- Previous: Final Trials: Underground Floor 18 walkthrough
- Next: Final Trials: Underground Floor 20 walkthrough
If you're looking for more, be sure to check out our full guide for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which includes The Master Trials guides for the Great Plateau Season Pass bonus chest locations, the Travel Medallion and Hero’s Path and every piece of new armor, including:
- How to find the Korok Mask (EX Strange Mask Rumors side quest)
- How to find Majora’s Mask (EX Treasure: Ancient Mask side quest)
- How to find Midna’s Helmet (EX Treasure: Twilight Relic)
- How to find Tingle’s Fairy Clothes (EX Treasure: Fairy Clothes side quest)
- How to find the Phantom armor (EX Treasure: Phantasma side quest)