Trial of the Sword: Final Trials: Underground Floor 16 in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s The Master Trials DLC is a fight between you and a lone frost talus. In this guide, we’ll show you how to beat it (easily!). Seriously: If you do it right, this is a two-step fight — a minor speed bump between you and the next level.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 16 walkthrough
This is the second to last cold level, so if you have any cold-resistance meals, feel free to eat one now. You’ll need to have a strong weapon, so you can’t rely on your flamespear to keep you warm this time.
We’re not even going to include a gallery this time. The GIF below is in real time and covers the entire fight. You’ve got this.
- The chunks of ice around the outside of the room are all updrafts, so you can ignore them if you want to. You don’t really need them. But to make this fight even easier, we suggest unblocking one of them.
- You’ll need to land at least one hit against the frost talus with a fire-type weapon. You’ve got a few choices here — the meteor rod from Underground Floor 9, your flamespear from Underground Floor 5 or any fire arrows you’ve picked up.
- Use the updraft to get a bullet time shot with a fire arrow. There’s almost no chance of missing and you’re out of reach of the talus. And then you just have to paraglide down right on top of the talus.
- Equip the stone smasher you got on Underground Floor 12, lock on to the talus’ ore deposit and spin away. The stone smasher is strong enough that you should kill it with one spinning session.
- There’s nothing else to find in here, so you’re good to leave once the frost talus is dead.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 16 armor, weapons and food
Nearly every underground floor in Trial of the Sword includes some combination of armor, weapons and food that you should collect before leaving and use in subsequent levels. But not this one.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 16 armor and weapons
Final Trials: Underground Floor 16 food
Final Trials: Underground Floor 16 treasure chest
- Previous: Final Trials: Underground Floor 15 walkthrough
- Next: Final Trials: Underground Floor 17 (lynel) walkthrough
If you're looking for more, be sure to check out our full guide for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which includes The Master Trials guides for the Great Plateau Season Pass bonus chest locations, the Travel Medallion and Hero’s Path and every piece of new armor, including:
- How to find the Korok Mask (EX Strange Mask Rumors side quest)
- How to find Majora’s Mask (EX Treasure: Ancient Mask side quest)
- How to find Midna’s Helmet (EX Treasure: Twilight Relic)
- How to find Tingle’s Fairy Clothes (EX Treasure: Fairy Clothes side quest)
- How to find the Phantom armor (EX Treasure: Phantasma side quest)