Trial of the Sword: Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 is the first in a series of hot levels in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s The Master Trials DLC. The protection you get from the flamebreaker boots makes this a pretty straightforward level, but there’s a twist to it — and the potential to get better weapons. In this guide, we’ll show you how it’s done.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 walkthrough
- Equip the great frostblade you picked up from the stalnox back on Final Trials: Underground Floor 5 and a decent shield.
- Shoot the fire chuchu with an arrow to get it out of your way. (You could also run up and hit it with your frostblade, but it’s easier to just shoot it.)
- Turn to the left and ride the updraft over to the small island. Grab the rusty claymore, then return to the main path.
- Use remote bombs to destroy the two igneo pebblits.
- When the rock octorok is the only enemy left, go into your menu and drop the rusty things you’ve picked up since the beginning of the Final Trials — one at a time, or it won’t work.
- About halfway back down the path, stand in front of the rock octorok with your shield raised. The rock octorok will suck in the weapons when it inhales, then it will spit out refurbished versions for you to collect. (You can see us doing that over and over in the video above, for an idea of what you’ll collect.) Also, if you hide off to the side instead, you run the risk of losing the new weapons in the lava.
- Repeat this process for all of the rusty weapons and shields you’ve picked up.
- Toss a remote bomb for the rock octorok, and blow it up to finish off the level.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 armor, weapons and food
Nearly every underground floor in Trial of the Sword includes some combination of armor, weapons and food that you should collect before leaving and use in subsequent levels. Here’s what you can find in this underground floor.
Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 armor and weapons
- Rusty claymore
Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 food
Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 treasure chest
Final Trials: Underground Floor 7 rock octorok refurbished weapons
When you feed weapons to a rock octorok, you’ll get back a similar type of weapon (swords become swords, but never spears) of a random quality (meh, good or best). Below, you can see a list of what we fed to the octorok and the variety of weapons we got back. You can also watch how we did this in the gif below.
- Rusty broadsword > traveler’s sword, solider’s broadsword or knight’s broadsword
- Rusty claymore > soldier’s claymore or knight’s claymore
- Rusty halberd > traveler’s spear, soldier’s spear or royal halberd
- Rusty shield > soldier’s shield
When you’re done, you’ve got (up to) eight new weapons to deal with. Frankly, some of them aren’t worth it. Traveler’s weapons aren’t really going to help you that much. And you’re going to continue to pick up better weapons as you continue through the floors. Don’t think you have to keep these just because you put in so much work to get them. It’s a roll of the dice, so the weapon you get back might be worth keeping or dropping.