In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s Master Trials DLC, Trial of the Sword: Middle Trials: Underground Floor 12 is a battle between you and several guardian scouts. There’s a deceptively simple trick that will make this challenge easy.
These Guardian Scouts are weak to arrows — so weak, in fact, that one hit with a standard arrow will destroy them. You should have plenty of arrows, the most plentiful weapon in Trial of the Sword. All you need to do, really, is make sure you’re only fighting one at a time.
Middle Trials: Underground Floor 12 walkthrough
- As soon as you gain control of Link, switch to cryonis, and cast two ice pillars in the water directly ahead of you. This will create a makeshift barrier between you and the Guardian Scouts, blocking all of their attacks.
- Equip your bow and arrow.
- From the safety of cover behind the ice pillars, peek out and snipe the guardian scouts, one by one.
- After you’ve defeated the guardian scouts, use cryonis to create an ice pillar, so you can reach the treasure chest with 10 arrows.
Check out the video above to see the strategy in action.
Middle Trials: Underground Floor 12 armor, weapons and food
Nearly every underground floor in Trial of the Sword includes some combination of armor, weapons and food that you should collect before leaving and use in subsequent levels. Here’s what you can find in this underground floor.
Middle Trials: Underground Floor 12 armor and weapons
Middle Trials: Underground Floor 12 food
Middle Trials: Underground Floor 12 treasure chest
- Arrows (on top of platform on left)