Once you complete The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD’s side quest to find Kukiel, you’ll meet the friendly demon Batreaux. After your introduction, he’ll ask you to find dozens of Gratitude Crystals in an effort to turn him back into a human. These items can only be found at night. Several of them are available right after you meet the monster, while others can only be found in familiar places once you have certain items.
Polygon’s Gratitude Crystals for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD will give you detailed maps and directions to find all the crystals in the game. Our instructions will be broken out by locale with specific directions for more hard-to-find crystals.
There are several Gratitude Crystals to find around Skyloft.
- A crystal can be found in the rafters of the Sparring Hall. You’ll need to use the Beetle to get.
- A crystal hides in a walkway under the north side of the Bazaar.
- Go through Waterfall Cave and find a crystal near the bird statue at the end.
- Find another crystal in the area where your Loftwing was being held captive outside Waterfall Cave.
- Jump off the ledge in this area to find a small cliff with a crystal.
- There’s a crystal in the right corner of Orielle and Parrow’s house.
- Near a pumpkin patch in the southeast of the island.
- Climb up the first tier of the Light Tower and find a crystal on the east side.
Skyloft: Beedle’s Airshop
You can find a single Gratitude Crystal on Beedle’s Island by entering Beedle’s Airshop in Skyloft.
To get this crystal, first head to Skyloft during the day. Use your Beetle tool to hit the bell on the bottom of Beedle’s floating shop. When you do, he’ll let a rope down letting you into his store. Inside you’ll find a bed. Sleep in there until night.
When you awaken, exit the shop and run around the building and climb the ladder. Turn around and look towards the propellers. You’ll see the crystal above the propellers. Grab the crystal with your Beetle.
Skyloft: Knight Academy
The Knight Academy in Skyloft has two Gratitude Crystals with one on each floor.
There’s a crystal in Link’s room.
A crystal is near the exit on the second floor.
The Sky: Lumpy Pumpkin
The Lumpy Pumpkin has two Gratitude Crystals. To get them, travel to the destination during the day. Then find one of the beds in the back of the building to sleep at night.
- The first crystal is on a counter on the second floor between two vases.
- The other is down a path on the eastern side of the island past the pumpkin patch. You’ll find a wooden storage area with vases, pumpkins, and the crystal.
The other Gratitude Crystals
We will continue to update this The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Gratitude Crystal locations guide as we continue our quest throughout the game.
To find more guides for this HD remake, check out the rest of our The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD guides.